Rudge Pathfinder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
Can some one help me with any info on the Rudge Pathfinder ,seen one for sale with flat bars and brooks sprung saddle what I would like to know is did Rudge sell these with flat bars as original or has it been altered at some time after it left the factory, I have seen quite a few of these with flat bars for sale ,I like the bike as it is but I am looking for something original .

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Can some one help me with any info on the Rudge Pathfinder ,seen one for sale with flat bars and brooks sprung saddle what I would like to know is did Rudge sell these with flat bars as original or has it been altered at some time after it left the factory, I have seen quite a few of these with flat bars for sale ,I like the bike as it is but I am looking for something original .
My first decent bike was a green 3 speed Rudge with flat bars around 50 years ago! :laugh:

netman

Veteran

Pretty sure the Pathfinder always had drops - it was essentially a rebadged Raleigh Lenton... Peter Kohler has some excellent info here

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
Pretty sure the Pathfinder always had drops - it was essentially a rebadged Raleigh Lenton... Peter Kohler has some excellent info here
Just reading though this link by Peter Kohler there is indeed an option of flat bars offered on the Lenton ,Pathfinder and Clipper in 1955 ,so thanks netman very useful info .

Top Bottom