Rudge red mess is go....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robsa

Über Member
20180503_140955.jpg
20180503_140804.jpg
20180503_140753.jpg
20180503_140743.jpg
20180503_140733.jpg
20180503_140725.jpg
she's as good as finished. Just waiting for the paint to harden fully so i can torque everything up then its time for the open road. Worrying about setting the fw hub up . Not done one before.

wow, looks lovely, I like that

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Very nice. I wonder why those style of grips fell out of favour? Still see them like that down here if you can find a drop bar bike.

One thing that occurs to me is that it can be a bit irritating having the sun reflect off shiny bare metal bars straight into your eyes whilst riding. You don't really get that now on modern stuff because the bars are either taped or they are finished in black that doesn't reflect. If it was mine I'd probably bar tape them all the way up. I like the overall effect though, especially the frame colour.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I nearly succumbed today at the carboot sale. Saw an Early 50s claude butler, chrome frame,brooks professional saddle. Lots missing and wrong bits. Wanted £70

I find having a very strict and low price limit for potential project purchases stops the numbers getting too out of hand. Anything I do pick up by definition will be a genuine bargain, and most potential offerings will rule themselves out due to the asking price.

Top Bottom