Rugby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
I'm listening to England v Wales on the radio - it's like listening to a man on field blowing a whistle.

Beep - Wales knock on.
Beep - Wales give away a penalty.
Beep - England score (again :blush:)

It's all very well saying we have to look at some combinations/positions etc, but it's a bloody international match and will be remembered as such. With 2 months or so to go untill the World Cup, GJ (Wales' top Alvin Stardust lookalike) should be able to at least put out a half decent team capable of perfoming the basics!!!

Grrrr :rolleyes:

Bring on France! (Ouch ouch!:rolleyes: )

" Wales, Wales, ...bloody great fishes (out of water today) are Wales..." They played rugby like I ride a bike -well, nearly as bad. There's still time for them to come good though - Charlotte Church will get them all up for the next game - c'mon Hywlll / Lllanfwiddygogochcccoochch and all that! :blush:

20 of the most memorable things Gareth Jenkins has said so far.

Don’t know if I would laugh or cry?

1). “There has to be a mixture of winning against developing talent and exposing them to a standard they'll learn from.” (talking sh*t)

2). “There was a complete lack of refereeing ability on that field.” (blame shifting)

3). “I'm a proud Welshman. But provided the current people are running the WRU, I couldn't see myself working with them.” (on M Ruddocks exit)

4). “This is something to which I have aspired to for a long, long time. It is a job I would have been disappointed at not filling at some stage of my career.” (on being appointed)

5). "We as a group are on a journey" (to where? who knows?)

6). "At the end of the Scotland game I knew we were poor" (most watching knew after about half an hour)

7). "I didn't tick any of my boxes after the Scotland game" (a real gem)

8). "We must take a long hard look at ourselves"(be careful not to scare the forwards with that look)

9). "We're on a learning curve"(curve must be a circle by now)

10). "I believe we have a squad good enough to win the world cup"(on appointing his coaching team)

11) "As soon as we get that first 'W'..."( W*nk*r perhaps? tWat maybe?)

12) "We are not where we want to be at this present time"(where's that then? Benidorm?)

13). "There are things we need to change on match day to come away with a win, but the selection process we have gone through tells us that this is the right team to beat England."(if you listen carefully you'll hear Brian Ashton laughing)

14)."If anything Charvis is playing too well for his region, forcing the current back row to up their game."(.........What?????)

15). "Failure is a positive learning experience.............such that victory is not required."(missing the point of the game)

16). "We are all as a unit hurting by this loss."(said after every game)

17). "We've gone through a selection process"(hmmmmmmmm.....)

18). "I will pick on form"(copy. Sir C.Woodward & associates)

19). "I just have to repeat myself. I'm happy with the forwards"(whose?)

20). "....the possession was 60:40 but 80% line out efficiency, we turned over 4, lost3, with our scrum better than them"(talking incomprehensible sh*t)

Keith Oates

Janner
It was disappointing for Wales and probably not a good testing game for England. I doubt either team has done much to make their games in France any better!!

Aperitif said:
You have the knife out Lardyboy - twisting with vigour..! :tongue:xx(

Nearly everyone thinks they can pick a better squad than the existing coach/manager of most teams. But how many times has this idiot got it wrong?

Well at least the senior players got the coach they wanted all along. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
M

MichaelM

Guru
Let's try and remain positive.

We scored a try, and we can learn lessons from this. Bugger me, I think I'm turning into....

Coo Coo, I just want you,
I really love the things that you do.....

yenrod

>Rugby

Last time I played Rugby a lad grabbed my nuts :rolleyes:

I'm not into that type of sport...:blush:

Top Bottom