Run over a squirrel or hit the side of the car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Fossy beat me to it - I was going to mention the squirrel/forks picture - see this blog post. As you can see - a squirrel is big enough to trash your bike and have you off. The correct solution is probably to bunny er, squirrel hop it! :thumbsup:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
I went over the handlebars and landed on the path, cutting my knee open (luckily, I had my helmet on)

You had your helmet on your knee?...:rolleyes:
Someone post a picture to show where it should be...

Squirrel.

In fact any creature in that scenario, whatever colour (being sensible about size of said creaure of course....quite a few large Stags round these parts).

I had a friend killed on the road, due to a car swerving to miss a pheasant. The Police told us that there are many accidents, including a fair share of fatal ones, that are because drivers/motorcyclists/cyscilts swerve to miss animals.

Davidc

Guru
Fossy beat me to it - I was going to mention the squirrel/forks picture - see this blog post. As you can see - a squirrel is big enough to trash your bike and have you off. The correct solution is probably to bunny er, squirrel hop it! :thumbsup:
That linked blog describes the difference between a clean running over and the animal mixed up in the bike, always a risk.

The OP asked about the choice between hitting a car and hitting a squirrel. That's different from asking whether it's a good idea to avoid hitting animals. The answer to that surely has to always be yes, avoid them if it's safe to. There's too much danger to rider and bike, and anything other than a clean kill will lead to a painful and possibly slow death for the animal, which I'd have thought can't be the wish of anyone here.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Luckily the squirrel saw me in time and turned round and darted back just at the last second.

They generally always do that.

Best thing to do though is just keep to your course, it's only a squirrel- as long as you have plenty of spokes you should be fine. It's a trickier decision with a larger animal.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
76039319_f5e81e4f93.jpg

just bunny hop over it

I'd have run over it and then reversed up to run over it again.

Reactions: gaz
A possible solution is to get a front wheel with the flat aerodynamic spokes and run a knife sharpener over them until they have a lovely keen edge.
Slices any rodent that decides it likes the look of the giant hamster wheel coming its way.

Top Bottom