runners & cyclists injuries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lulubel

Über Member
I actually switched to cycling when recovering from a bad achilles injury suffered when running.

This is similar to me, except that it wasn't a bad achilles injury. It was an overuse injury that had me limping for a couple of weeks, but didn't stop me cycling.

I find, if I grind out of the saddle, it starts to come back, which is a bit frustrating. It's only been a couple of months, though, so I'm hoping that patience will win out, and I'll eventually recover completely. Hopefully, I'll also be able to start doing some running again at some point.

barongreenback

Über Member
This is similar to me, except that it wasn't a bad achilles injury. It was an overuse injury that had me limping for a couple of weeks, but didn't stop me cycling.

I find, if I grind out of the saddle, it starts to come back, which is a bit frustrating. It's only been a couple of months, though, so I'm hoping that patience will win out, and I'll eventually recover completely. Hopefully, I'll also be able to start doing some running again at some point.

Speedplay pedals seem to have solved that issue for me - I can now get up out of the saddle.

Top Bottom