Rusty chain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not located north of the border is he by any chance, or maybe Yorkshire? ^_^

The definition of a Yorkshire man is like a Scotsman with the streak of generosity removed.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
WD40 or an other brand all over the chain then take it for a ride and see what happens or how far you get .

This. Squirting WD40 (or any kind of oily lubricanty type stuff you have to hand) on it will take less than a minute. It doesn't sound like it's worth putting more effort in than that.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I'm past fixing bikes like that. SIL had two that she wanted me to fix up (not to use, possibly sell). My Mrs saw them and just said he's not going to do them. SIL moaned they'd have to go in the tip, but she wasn't going to pay for new chain, brake and gear cables for two bikes, so tip it was.

I'm like that now.

I used to find creative ways of getting people moving again at minimum cost to them, but quickly found they'd be back complaining in a couple of weeks.

Them "You didn't fix it properly, one of the pedals is broken"
Me " I replaced the worn out brake pads for £5. Told you it needed chain, cassette, pedals, tyres but you didn't want to pay for them."
Them "Well that's rubbish"

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm like that now.

I used to find creative ways of getting people moving again at minimum cost to them, but quickly found they'd be back complaining in a couple of weeks.

Them "You didn't fix it properly, one of the pedals is broken"
Me " I replaced the worn out brake pads for £5. Told you it needed chain, cassette, pedals, tyres but you didn't want to pay for them."
Them "Well that's rubbish"

Don't mind if the bikes are going to be used, but these weren't. She just wanted them doing up for the sake of it. They were sub £100 BSO's of an unknown make.

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
The definition of a Yorkshire man is like a Scotsman with the streak of generosity removed.

I'm a Yorkshireman, my motto is................HOW MUCH :blink:

Top Bottom