Rutland Water

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Just back after a superb weekend camping near and traveling around Rutland Water :rofl:

Our campsite was about 4 miles from Rutland Water so we decided to cycle from there and take the trail around the reservoir. VERY nice weather for the trip and met many cyclists on the way around too. Variety of surfaces ranging from loose dusty gravel to tarmac en-route. Plenty of coffee shops and pubs to visit too. The Giant cycle shop was great and had some lovely bikes on display... although the most expensive thing we bought there was a new saddle for Helen's bike as hers split (probably due to the blistering heat I guess).

oh yes... the Avon Skin So Soft stuff worked pretty well at keeping the bugs away as neither Helen or I were bitten at all :smile:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Glad you enjoyed it Andy, you certainly picked the weather. Rutland water is one of my favourite rides. There is always something different to see and the mainly traffic-free paths are superb.

Mrs A and I last cycled there a fortnight ago and camped at Wing. Which site did you use?

Helly79

Gerry Attrick said:
Glad you enjoyed it Andy, you certainly picked the weather. Rutland water is one of my favourite rides. There is always something different to see and the mainly traffic-free paths are superb.

Mrs A and I last cycled there a fortnight ago and camped at Wing. Which site did you use?

Andy is putting new tyres on my bike so I will answer that we stayed at Rutland caravan and camping in Greetham. Rutland water is fanatasic

Vincealot

I've only been once which was a few months ago. Done the long way round for charity. 25 miles isnt much for me but it killed everyone else i work with lol. Great scenery and a pleasent ride. I wanna go again soon but Cannock chase is next on the agenda

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Gerry Attrick said:

I loved every minute of the ride. As you said, the traffic-free paths are great. Will def go back there.

As Helen said, we stayed at Rutland Caravan and Camping - was a nice site with decent facilities. Its about 5 miles ride away from the Whitwell section of the water so well within riding distance to save the £3 parking fee ;)

Top Bottom