Rutting and culling season in the royal parks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
A fantastic moment today when a driver decided two rutting stags where in his way so drove between them . His car now has holes along the side where it got head butted :laugh:
I had to warn two people on the cycle path with kids in child seats that the other rutting stag they where taking photos of and about 10 ft in front of them was still very angry . How could they not know after seeing one fight a car and win :wacko:

vickster

Legendary Member
Did the 1800 odd park runners make it out of Bushy Park alive yesterday?

Cycled through tatton park on saturday, took care to stay away from stags when i left the road for my espresso brewing, couldn't help noting that a few other folk were getting rather close to them for pics despite the rutting signs.

Cycled through tatton park on saturday, took care to stay away from stags when i left the road for my espresso brewing, couldn't help noting that a few other folk were getting rather close to them for pics despite the rutting signs.

I used to live next to Tatton, and I recall this happened every year.

When I last went to the Wilhelma zoo in Stuttgart, I was interested to note that there were a number of places where herbivores were kept next to carnivores, and were seperated by a height difference, or one fence, or a steep sided ditch. The herbivores were smart enough to keep away.

Humans however, required both a ditch and two fences to seperate them from the animals.

I originally thought this showed that in this area at least, the animals were smarter. Now I suspect it is just that humans are too arrogant to realise that nature is not under our control -we must have understood this once, or we wouldn't have survived.

And to cap it all, these people vote.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
It's like people who feed and tease the bears in National Parks or just the wild over here in the States. Especially the Grizzly. People who live around these animals realize they are the apex predator. It's the people on vacation one has to look out for. Like Mountain Lions here. Very unlikely to encounter one, best not to mess with them.

Top Bottom