Rwanda

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
"The cyclists are all entirely amateur - in their resources at least, if not in their mindset. Their leading member, Didace, rides a bike delivering milk when he's at home.

He tells me he travels 25 miles outside of Bujumbura to collect 150 litres of milk. Then he rides it all into the capital.

Then, he tells me, he does it again - a tidy 100 miles in a day."

Beats my 8 mile daily commute...

FeistySquirrel

Professional Jelly Baby Decapitator
Just this minute finished reading the article... What a brilliant story to be told too. Good on them! :bicycle::wahhey:

This is a good book if you want to find out a bit more about cycling in Rwanda
upload_2015-1-18_12-12-49.jpeg

Hyslop

Veteran
Humbling and deserving of a great deal of respect.Well done also to the correspondent who saw the story as a positive reflection of events in Africa,when so much that is reported is negative in nature.Chapeau gentlemen !

oldroadman

Veteran
True spirit of the sport. No doubt some considerable talent will emerge at some point. It seems to me that only lack of technical equipment at a high standard and some decent quality races are the only things holding them back. How many years before a black African world champion, I wonder? The genetics worked for distance running, endurance is a built in for these guys.

Top Bottom