Ryan Air check in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I'm thinking of booking a flight with Ryan Air. Can you check in by just giving them your booking reference (like you did with FlyBe) or do you have to print out a boarding pass (like Easy Jet)?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
You've got to self check-in and print your own boarding pass or they charge you a stupid amount to do so.

I would avoid and fly with anyone else but them.
I was impressed with Jet2 once though.
I need to go to Greece so need a COVID negative test not more than 72 hours old. A PCR test the day after arrival, wait in hotel a day then take a second test. If both negative then I can go to work but need a test at customer site too. On top of that a government signed exemption from 7 day quarantine. Oh and the UK government declaration form, Greek passenger locator form....... Brave to fly if you don’t need to. It’s a hassle. And limited flight choices

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'll be flying from Birmingham to Belfast so it's a choice between Ryan Air and Easy Jet. Easy Jet land about 15 miles from the city center.

One's walkable into the city (Belfast City Airport) and the other needs a taxi/bus (Belfast International). Personally I prefer Belfast City although it can only take the small, floppy planes.

It depends where you're off to after landing. SWMBO needs to fly over once things open up more for a few days' visit.

I'll be flying from Birmingham to Belfast so it's a choice between Ryan Air and Easy Jet. Easy Jet land about 15 miles from the city center.
I've never had a problem with Ryan Air. And as you point out - for some routes they are the only option.

I've had far worse issues with the more expensive airlines.

Top Bottom