Ryan Air check in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Ryanair: be prepared for a non-refund if anything changes.

D

Deleted member 26715

I would avoid and fly with anyone else but them.
I was impressed with Jet2 once though.
I need to go to Greece so need a COVID negative test not more than 72 hours old. A PCR test the day after arrival, wait in hotel a day then take a second test. If both negative then I can go to work but need a test at customer site too. On top of that a government signed exemption from 7 day quarantine. Oh and the UK government declaration form, Greek passenger locator form....... Brave to fly if you don’t need to. It’s a hassle. And limited flight choices
That all seems quite a logical & thought out process, if a short term hassle, what happens on your return, you land, you walk straight out via the green channel, get in a Taxi, go home, go to work next day without seeing any person of authority to advise you of anything.

That all seems quite a logical & thought out process, if a short term hassle, what happens on your return, you land, you walk straight out via the green channel, get in a Taxi, go home, go to work next day without seeing any person of authority to advise you of anything.
Get in a hire car, drive home, stay home an await next job to start or go from Greece direct to next job if the procedure to enter is easier than having not arrived from the UK.

Drago

Legendary Member
Ryan Air? Thats a £40 charge for breathing cabin air, £50 for farting, and a whopping £100 for wanting to wear clothes instead of checking them in as luggage.

stephec

Legendary Member
I can never get my Y fronts past the sniffer dogs.
Is that because they go on strike as soon as they see you?

houblon

I've flown Ryanair dozens of times and never had a problem (apart from been annoyed at the price they charge for carrying a bike) and always had a refund when they've cancelled a flight. So long as you don't expect luxuries or freebies; it's like taking a bus journey. They fly where I want to go and are stupid cheap (except, did I mention carrying bikes...oh yes, sorry).

And yes, they can scan a boarding pass from a phone but I try to have a paper copy in case the phone dies. Or I need a shoot while on board.

Edit: probably best not to try shooting anything while on board, this tends to lead to lengthy incarceration. Relax, have a tom tit instead.

Big John

Guru
Myself and two work colleagues went Ryan Air from Manchester to Frankfurt a few times. Cheap as chips, as they say. If you expect any of the bells and whistles you get with other airlines it may be disappointing but if you go in the spirit of adventure then it's a laugh a minute. We took an epic journey across the airport to what appeared to be a potting shed hidden in the outer reaches, near the perimeter fence. We sat there for what seemed like hours while the cabin crew had a whip round to pay for a take off slot with air traffic control. Before we left the police came onboard and took a passenger off with them. We all then had to check our hand luggage to make sure this bloke hadn't left anything ticking. When we took off the crew spent the journey selling lottery tickets to anyone that was trying to get some shut eye. It was like Hi Di Hi.

Top Bottom