Ryan Duplex Recumbent Tandem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This has just popped up on my regular trawl and while I can't find a use for it, it might be of interest to some here, ticking both the tandem and bent boxes.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/...0361/lot-261d2b17-8f48-4b60-bf8a-af12011bb665

Quick bit of research reveals there's only 249 of them, they're quite sought-after and they don't come up for sale very often, particularly on this side of the pond.

I imagine if you give it some beans on a recumbent tandem you can probably go at quite a speed! :okay:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
may need one of these too:laugh:

1663683550557.png

D

Deleted member 26715

I was thinking sort of the same, I wonder how it deals with mini roundabouts

I‘d be worried about the braking. On my LWB the front wheel does most of the braking, but on our 26” tandem with rim brakes I’ve managed to make one inner tube explode in a hurried stop from speed. (Fortunately it chose to explode right when we came to a halt!). I can imagine the risk would be much greater with a 20” front.

classic33

Leg End Member
This has just popped up on my regular trawl and while I can't find a use for it, it might be of interest to some here, ticking both the tandem and bent boxes.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/...0361/lot-261d2b17-8f48-4b60-bf8a-af12011bb665

Quick bit of research reveals there's only 249 of them, they're quite sought-after and they don't come up for sale very often, particularly on this side of the pond.

I imagine if you give it some beans on a recumbent tandem you can probably go at quite a speed! :okay:
Twenty pounds, hammer price!
1664460688487.png

grldtnr

Twenty pounds, hammer price!
View attachment 662742

Seems to be a bargain, but bargains are only that , if you really want something..........
Have you a co-respondent to ride it, look daft if your on your own and a blow up sheep on the back!^_^

Seems a fair bit to get it straight, but hey!

classic33

Leg End Member
Seems to be a bargain, but bargains are only that , if you really want something..........
Have you a co-respondent to ride it, look daft if your on your own and a blow up sheep on the back!^_^

Seems a fair bit to get it straight, but hey!
I'd find someone to get on the stokers seat.

I'd ride it on my own, no worries.

I have a Ryan vanguard which similar I believe is the shorter wheelbase non tandem version. Mine was £500 (1996 barn fine - mint!) then I modified it with DT Swiss rims and hubs, Deore groupset and bar end shifters and Deore brakes. Now - it’s the nicest bike I’ve ever ridden! So I reckon the guy who’s now got the Duplex, if he does a straightforward modification like mine is in for a real treat for him and his passenger!!! Enjoy it!
Oliver south of London

Top Bottom