Ryanair Sports equipment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Does anyone know how to book in bikes on Ryanairs new site.

I can see how to book luggage but not sports equipment.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
They have a "live chat" page on their site. They will answer your question.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Once you have selected your flight and clicked continue, you get a page with 'pick seat', 'add bags' etc, scroll right down that page below all the car hire and hotels stuff and you will see a box 'add sports equipment' etc.
Thats in Chrome on Android tablet anyway.

Screenshot_20161030-172840.png

Last edited:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
£30 for a bike is quite reasonable. personally, i think the more they charge the better for us because then when they make serious money out of it they'll realise they need to become better at dealing with bikes.
off topic but i paid £178 single from Alta in arctic norway to Gatwick for me, a bag in the hold and the bike. Given the vast distance, i call that a bargain. And Norwegian Air provided free fast wifi in the air for the flight to Oslo, the wait at Oslo and on the flight to Gatwick.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It is not 30 pound for a bike, it is a lot more. It says sports equipment FROM 30 pounds. From Denmark to Mallorca it is about 108 pounds return for a bike.

Last edited:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
It is not 30 pound for a bike, it is a lot more. It says sports equipment FROM 30 pounds. From Denmark to Mallorca it is about 108 pounds return for a bike.
£54 single for a bike - and how much for the seat? i know it discourages luggage but some of its fares are absurdly cheap. .... if only it understood the first thing about politeness i'd consider using ryanair. i have yet to meet anyone who has used it to have anything good to say about it. gratuitous rudeness is all i hear about.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I fly with Ryanair about 6 times a year and they have always been polite with me. But I have seen unbelievable instance of rudeness towards Ryanair staff. So much so I actually intervened in Hamburg and was more impolite than the German businessman was to the staff.

I find people treat you as you treat them.

To get myself, Jannie and two bikes down to Mallorca and back in April is about £300. I don't think it is a bad price.

Top Bottom