Ryedale Rumble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i would love to but my leg is'nt working yet:angry: sorry mate

ash68

I'm in as well Hugo15. First attempt and decided to go for the long ride, around 117 miles .By all accounts, all the routes are challenging with plenty of climbs to conquer.Hope it's a nice day and hope I'm fit enough by then. Entered the white rose classic as well and the northern rock cyclone, both in June. So it's going to be an exciting summer of sportives me thinks. Hope to show my cyclechat shirt off at these events and spot one or two others on the routes.:angry:

longers

Legendary Member
I saw this last year but was too late for an entry. I'll see if a mate from work fancies it and I'll let him drive me over :wacko:.

longers

Legendary Member
Fail.

Not going over now, started with a sore knee last week and have been going gently on it through the week in the hope of a recovery. Nope :becool:.

OP
OP
Hugo15

Hugo15

Über Member
I have had to scratch from this too as we got invited to a christening that I really couldn't get out of. :sad:

I am going to make my first attempt on The Chimney the weekend after though. Can't wait.

ash68

Well i'm still doing the long route. It is a tough route , I did a recce ride in March this year with a few other lads for the organizers . We did around 85 miles of the route taking in all the major climbs. The scenery was beautiful , even through the snow and blizzards you could still see the landscape..looks like a much warmer day is on offer on sunday. Good luck to anyone else doing the ride.

longers

Legendary Member
Hopefully Ash will fly the flag for us.

I'm a bit pee'd off as this was going to be "the ride of the year" for me. I've put a lot of work into building up to it and I was looking forward to testing myself on Boltby and Rosedale.

Have fun next weekend and let us know how you find it, I've only heard bad things about it :sad:

ash68

yeh Longers I'll keep the cyclechat flag flying high. sorry to hear you and Hugo15 have had to pull out.Suppose common sense has to prevail in your case. No point in making injuries worse and possibly having to take longer off the bike. And Hugo15 , well family commitments have to come first sometimes eh? I'll give you an update on how it goes during the week. Asuming I've finished by then!!!! hehe Cheers

ash68

It was a pretty brutal ride with the heat and those Yorkshire hills.But a great ride all the same.The 3 main climbs of Blotby, blakey and Rosedale chimney were all very tough but do-able. I think what made this sportive so hard was the constant undulations. Not neccesarily big hills , but very little time to recover before the next rise was onto you. I got round i 7hrs 47 mins and was well chuffed with that. I missed gold by 2 mins and 20 seconds. But to be honest I'm not fit enough to chase times and just do my best on the day and see what happens. It was a well organized event with well stocked feed stations and helpful volenteers.
Longers , think you definatly did the right thing by opting out when your knee is giving you grief. It's bad enough with two goodish legs , so think you would have suffered beyond the call of duty and possibly given yourself a longer delay in getting back to fitness. Would definatly reccomend this one to you and Hugo15 and anyothers who want a hard, hilly sportive and are prepared to suffer in brilliant surroundings and have a great day in the saddle.

Top Bottom