Sad and strange

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
An incident took place last friday evening in the small village of Christiansfeld in Denmark, it is veru close to where I live.

An altercation occured between a 21 year old local man and a 40 year old, German cycle tourists. The upshot of the altercation is that the cyle tourist pulled out a pocket knife and stabbed the local man in the neck. Attempts to save him by passers by was unsuccessful and he pronounced dead at the scene. The cyclist was arrested at the scene and has been charged with murder.

The whole of the community is shocked and nobody can understand how an altercation with a cyclist could escalate so rapidly. The police have released no further details.

The only knife I carry is in my camping gear and is usually at the bottom of a pannier. I have trouble stabbing butter with it.

I have put this on here because it such a strange occurance.

Steve

Pauluk

Another reason why its not worth being confrontational with people, you never know who you are dealing with. Better just keep your mouth shut and walk or ride away

sabian92

Über Member
Denmark is such a decent country as well - stuff like that never happens there. Visited Copenhagen 6 times and never had any inkling it wasn't safe at all.
RIP to the poor man.

Pauluk

sabian92 said:
Denmark is such a decent country as well - stuff like that never happens there. Visited Copenhagen 6 times and never had any inkling it wasn't safe at all.
Guess this sort of thing can happen anywhere these days with the global village and all.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
That's dreadful.
On a more hopeful note, don't lose sight of the fact that it's very, very unusual.
Anywhere I've been, people are infinitely more likely to help you than hurt you.

Pauluk

Peteaud said:
Well i do sometimes carry a small swiss army knife, not that i would stab anyone.

I've carried one for about 25 years now. Started when I took the kids camping and climbing. I use it almost every other day at home and work, its very useful.

I know, however, that I could be in trouble if the police stopped me and searched me even though the largest blade is under the legal limit.

Top Bottom