Sad day...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I did my standard 16-mile ride this morning, on Aryton, and found out I was 11 seconds slower than the same ride on Sunday on my geared Cannondale. :sad: I guess part of the reason is I'm overweight...

I could still sprint up to 32mph from a temporary light, though! That felt good! :becool:

I did my standard 16-mile ride this morning, on Aryton, and found out I was 11 seconds slower than the same ride on Sunday on my geared Cannondale. :sad: I guess part of the reason is I'm overweight...

I could still sprint up to 32mph from a temporary light, though! That felt good! :becool:
You could optimise the tyre circumference setting on your computer. That always improves my averages.

Sharky

Guru
Are you sad because you were 11secs slower or the fact that you spent all that money on those extra 19 gears and it was only worth 11 secs. How much per sec?

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Are you sad because you were 11secs slower or the fact that you spent all that money on those extra 19 gears and it was only worth 11 secs. How much per sec?

Extra 21 gears! Never mind, it's still nice to have gears for longer rides, 40 miles +. I thought I'd be a fair bit faster on the singlespeed over my 16 mile route but I'm a bit out of shape and definitely overweight.

Sharky

Guru
Extra 21 gears! Never mind, it's still nice to have gears for longer rides, 40 miles +. I thought I'd be a fair bit faster on the singlespeed over my 16 mile route but I'm a bit out of shape and definitely overweight.
I've been riding two set ups for TT's for years and still can't convince myself which is quickest. This year gears won with a 27:01 and 27:18 on fixed. Both same couse.

Stinboy

Über Member
I've been riding two set ups for TT's for years and still can't convince myself which is quickest. This year gears won with a 27:01 and 27:18 on fixed. Both same couse.

Gosh there's not much in it. Out of interest, which bike do you prefer to tt on?

Sharky

Guru
Gosh there's not much in it. Out of interest, which bike do you prefer to tt on?
Very difficult choice. I like the simplicity of a fixed and for a modest amount, you can build a TT bike that is competitive. But deep down i believe the gears bike to be generally quicker when conditions are varied(hills and winds). But for pure riding experience, the fixed every time.

Top Bottom