Sad news.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
We have had our ginger cat called Rusty since he was a kitten and sadly, he had to go to sleep this morning at the age of 19. He was only skin and bones lately, not eating anything and moving slowly. The did what we thought was best for him as he may have been suffering from a horrible disease. The vet agreed but it is still hard as I miss him much. He was a real character and everyone in our neighbourhood loved him.
RIP Rusty, you will never be forgotten.

Sad news indeed.

Cats are great pets (yeah yeah, except for them who loathe them, of course).

We've got a 10-year-old ginger Tom and hopefully he'll last a good bit longer.

Sorry to hear of Rusty's departure.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Oh bless him. RIP Rusty.

You did the right thing for him in the end. I know how hard a decision it is to make but he would have had a great life with you.
:hugs:from Norfolk.

Mrs M

Guru
:hugs:Aw, very sad news.
He was obviously well cared for to live to such a good age.
Sounds like letting him go was the kindest thing to do, not easy though. :sad:
Gingers do tend to be real characters and I'm sure you'll have lots of happy memories of the wee chap.

My cat got beaten crapless by a badger, he had a stroke, and we had to have him put put down. He was mental, a neighbour saw what happened, and he started it. That's cats for ya. RIP Rusty:sad:

Drago

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear that. They become part of the family and its just as painful when they go :sad:

stephec

Legendary Member
I love cats, we always used to have one when I was a kid, but my little girl's allergic so that scuppers it now.

I wouldn't like to have to take one to the vets though, when my father in law had to take their dog he turned round as he got to the door because he couldn't go through with it.

It was on his third attempt that he finally managed it. :sad:

The Jogger

Legendary Member
RIP poor Rusty

I know how you are feeling, believe me. Sunday before last we had to bring our 13yr old retriever to the vet to be put to sleep, he looked at me as if to say please don't do it but it would have been cruel to keep him going and I am still feeling it very badly.

Mrs M

Guru
RIP poor Rusty

I know how you are feeling, believe me. Sunday before last we had to bring our 13yr old retriever to the vet to be put to sleep, he looked at me as if to say please don't do it but it would have been cruel to keep him going and I am still feeling it very badly.
Sorry to hear that.

Top Bottom