Sad News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thats bad? My thoughts with her family

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Flipping heck - my recent forum ride from Settle took us down that descent and I commented then how scary it was ...

I'd only ridden Kingsdale once before, and that was in heavy mist so I hadn't really taken it all in on that occasion. Heading NNE up the dale, it is mainly a steady climb, with just a few steep little ramps. We got to a maximum elevation of about 475m (1,550 ft) and then the road just plunges down in the most stunning and scary fashion towards Deepdale. I don't know if any of the other riders stopped to take a picture of that view, but it is truly stunning.

The descent is frightening; I'm writing this as someone who is used to doing 50 mph on steep descents! The road drops away alarmingly and snakes about. And ... there are gates across the road!
RIP. :sad:

theloafer

Legendary Member
r.i.p :sad:

Mitz

I believe they were a day or so behind us, and news of the accident reached us at one of the B&B's we were staying at.
Quite a shock as you can imagine. The weather was absolutely terrible. Heavy rain and high winds made it very difficult
Thoughts are with her family

Top Bottom