Sad, sad news - Vernon has gone to the great Pie shop in the sky!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I read the heading a few days ago and thought it was another of Vernons jokes.

How very sad this is. Vernon has been looking forward to his retirement for months and it is especially unfair that he has been taken so soon after reaching that goal.

Thanks for the laughs Vernon. There were many.

RIP

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
I am so sad to hear this loss of such a great man. Heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Pie for lunch tomorrow. In fact, make that 3.14 pies.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Never knew the big fella but would love to have met the man behind the forum persona, a lovely chap by all accounts.
Condolences to those close to him.

GC

postman

Legendary Member
I was looking for Vernon's American cycling blog last night.So i googled his name.Well up came a professional work site.Giving Vernon's career details.What an intelligent bloke he was,you can see why his pupils responded to his teaching.All of us have lost a friend.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I was looking for Vernon's American cycling blog last night.So i googled his name.Well up came a professional work site.Giving Vernon's career details.What an intelligent bloke he was,you can see why his pupils responded to his teaching.All of us have lost a friend.
I followed his USA trip on his blog, and have it bookmarked, but it doesn't appear to be available now.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Do you have the link? Have you put it into The Wayback Machine?

GC
http://www.foyfab.co.uk/Northern_Tier/northern-tier/the-blog/
Haven't tried the wayback machine... busy now, may try later on

Do you have the link? Have you put it into The Wayback Machine?

GC
Good suggestion. I had already read what was posted there, particularly about the Turtle Hostel.

Only one link works from the wayback machine. Given the circumstances, it's a rather haunting paragraph...

Other information: I rediscovered cycling over ten years ago when I purchased a bike to aid my recovery from an undiagnosed ailment, tentatively diagnosed as heart failure but the diagnosis was subsequently rejected and I made a full recovery. Cycling has remained part of my life but is not a central part of it – I have too many other distractions hobbies vying for that role.

Top Bottom