Saddle bag advice!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why wouldn't it lol, you're not riding a kid's bike? :laugh: It attaches to the seat post, may stick out a bit though. Depends if you need something that big or is it just for rides out and not commuting? The problem I always find is where to put the lock as I don't like having on the frame. I use a handlebar bag if I don't want to carry a rucksack. That would look a bit cr*p on a road bike!​

endoman

I've got this little thing for the road bike, http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/specialized-mini-wedgie-bag-black-silver-id61607.html

Pump is a mini on the bottle cage, still got two bottles for drinks, can fit 2 tubes, tyre levers and a multi tool in the bag, have phone in jersey pocket.

No bother with thighs etc.

jackthelad

topeak aero large for light rollup jacket,glasses,2 tubes and cafe stop lock
when slightly colder but the weather could change to warm i wear the jacket and have folding pedal for scotland backpack bag which i use to carry the jacket
bbb 750ml container for tools in water cage

Wouldn't every thing just rattle in there?

A lot of experienced cyclists in my club use them they pack them full with a waterproof and tubes etc and have no problems with rattle. I'd rather have an extra bottle my self though.

Are you serious?
Will that fit on a road bike?
I dont often fit it but I did two weeks ago and it fits no problem on a road bike :-)

My own preference are the topeak saddle bags (with a clip or whatever its called), I can clip on the one which is the size I need quickly; they unlike the Ortlieb however, do need a saddle adapter for a narrower road bike saddle.

Willo

As above,.another thumbs up for Toepeak saddle bags. Come in various sizes and they clip in neatly under the saddle. Mine fits in tools, spare tubes, co2 etc.

Top Bottom