Saddle Comfort!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

NickF said:
The saddle is very well made and they are quite expensive to buy as replacements, so the saddle's credentials are hard to question!

Sadly, that's no guarantee that it'll work for you. As bonj suggests, the saddle's shape/profile is more important than it's cost when it comes to comfort.

You're right to give the saddle a while before getting another. You might get used to it, it does happen. Don't be afraid to make adjustments either. Move around on the saddle a little to see if you can ease the discomfort, let that be your guide to making adjustments.

It is perhaps my biggest bugbear with cycling kit; that you can't really get any cast iron advice or guidance on what saddle might work for you. There is no easy means of comparing shapes and sizes of different saddles, and 'try before you buy' is virtually non existent. Sadly, it is assisted trial and error... and it can get costly. You'll find many a cyclist with a box of near new saddles in the shed!!

bonj2

yello said:
...You'll find many a cyclist with a box of near new saddles in the shed!!

... but which can work out to your advantage. They'll probably be willing to offload them for little more than half RRP. Check the classifieds, (including maybe post in the 'wanted' section).
Brooks, for example, are very easy to sell if what i've read is anything to go by.

OP
OP
NickF

NickF

Thanks again all!

Bonj, I think you're right, it does feel like a sharpness. When I go out on it later, I'll adjust the angle a bit more, i.e. tilt it forwards a bit to see if that helps!

Top Bottom