Saddle issue - please help!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Manonabike said:
I think I'm still overfeeding :biggrin:

There must be something wrong.... the bike is big enough for me. It's a 23" frame and I'm 6' tall so it's not like the bike it's too small for me. However, Ive noticed lately that by stretching back (over the end of the saddle) my back, arms, shoulders, etc feel so comfortable..... I think I'm doing something wrong here.
What about the rest of your set up? Knee over pedal spindle (KOPS) with cranks horizontal? Front hub hidden when hands on hoods? Do you need a longer stem, maybe?

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
youngoldbloke said:
What about the rest of your set up? Knee over pedal spindle (KOPS) with cranks horizontal? Front hub hidden when hands on hoods? Do you need a longer stem, maybe?

I have tried those settings but they are only guidelines and I don't really take them very seriously. We are all different and the guidelines cannot be good for everybody, it's like saddles really, not everybody likes one particular saddle.

I have a B17 on my MTB and I have no problem at all with that setting..... the starting point for setting up my MTB was the guidelines you mentioned but then I made further adjustments until I found my most comfortable position. So, I don't think the saddle is the problem as my rear end is brooks compatible :laugh:, my team pro is such a beautiful saddle that I'm very reluctant to replace it but I will give a B17 a try on my road bike. I have a spare team pro which I can swap for a B17 or just buy a new B17.

The "extender" still seems to be a good solution....

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
youngoldbloke said:

Beat me to it , on reading the OP i was thinking stem as well

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
cyberknight said:
Beat me to it , on reading the OP i was thinking stem as well

I have a stem 1 cm longer that I could try - it's certainly a good guess but if I was to follow the guidelines of front hub hidden when hands on hoods then my current stem is maybe 1/2 cm too long :smile:.

Tomorrow I will try another suggestion, raise the saddle a little bit and see how it feels....

Top Bottom