Saddles (For My Wife)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ramses

Hi all,

This one may be best answered by the ladies on the forum, but happy for anyone to answer.

My wife has had a saddle for some time which has been comfortable for her, but it is now causing numbness in an unwanted area!
We tried a different saddle, slightly larger (Bio Flex) with the cut out in the middle, but this was uncomfortable for her.

I have placed her original saddle back on the bike, it's a Scape saddle that comes with the Cube MTB's (WLS Access Pro 2010). I tilted it forward but this hasn't helped, so I will be tilting it back slightly to see if this helps.

Does anyone know of a race style seat that is comfortable with or without cut out?

It's very odd that it's started to hurt as it was broken in and fine. We have even purchased better padded shorts, but this doesn't prevent the numbness occuring.

ChristinaJL

I too have a hatred for saddles with cut-out sections, although they're meant to be good for women I just found them incredibly uncomfy. In the end I went with a Brooks B17 saddle (womens' version) which I find very comfy indeed. Not sure if I'd call it a race style seat, but it looks ok on my womens' road bike. (See my avatar!!) :biggrin:

PpPete

Legendary Member
One to try - which is not too expensive to purchase, can be resold easily if it doesn't feel right, and doesn't look wildly out of place on a road bike, is the Charge Ladle (ladies version of the Charge Spoon)

My wife had one on her tourer, but changed to a Brooks B17 because it suited the look of the bike better.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
One to try - which is not too expensive to purchase, can be resold easily if it doesn't feel right, and doesn't look wildly out of place on a road bike, is the Charge Ladle (ladies version of the Charge Spoon)

My wife had one on her tourer, but changed to a Brooks B17 because it suited the look of the bike better.

just bought Mrs FF a Charge Ladle for her Boardman Hybrid and she's very satisfied so far. Lots of positive reviews and not a kings ransom to try one. Whilst I'm a fan of Brooks, they're a pricy experiment.

OP
OP
ramses

ramses

I'll get the Wife to have a look at the Charge saddles as they seem quite good, and very reasonable, although price isn't a great issue, it has to be comfortable for daily commutes and long distance riding.

Thank you all for your responses.

ChristinaJL

Let us know how she gets on, I'm tempted to try the charge ladle for my mountain bike as the saddle that came with it is not the comfiest, not that I sit on it much going downhill. :biggrin:

Top Bottom