Saddles,saddles,saddles!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vandiesel

Regular
Evening all, as you will see from my post count I'm new to the forum & road biking. So,I have a nice new shiny Giant TCR c3 with a stock Giant saddle (black & white) that tbh isn't that comfy. I've researched quite a lot and my gut reaction is that its a personal thing. I like the look of the Fizik range esp "Kurve Snake" "Arione" ect. Was wondering what you guys could recomend or are using?
They seem to be an expensive mod with a hefty price tag!
So, show me your saddles please.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
You're right, it is a really personal thing. For example, loads of people on here love the Charge Spoon but I can't get on with mine on rides over about 20 miles.

If you have a Specialized dealer near you, it might be worth getting measured up on their "arsometer", which will give an idea of what width saddle is needed.

Some shops are able to offer loan saddles to try before you buy.

OP
OP
Vandiesel

Vandiesel

Regular
You're right, it is a really personal thing. For example, loads of people on here love the Charge Spoon but I can't get on with mine on rides over about 20 miles.

If you have a Specialized dealer near you, it might be worth getting measured up on their "arsometer", which will give an idea of what width saddle is needed.

Some shops are able to offer loan saddles to try before you buy.
thanks Phil, I bet this subject has been flogged to death!

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Yep the subject has been flogged to death, but the arseometer is a good bit of advice, it measures your sit bones so you get the correct saddle for you, all the advise on this forum will not measure your arse.

I use a Specialized carbon toupe with carbon rails

SS Retro

Planet x super light team titanium rails 245g available in different colours down from £39.99 to £29.99.

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/SAPXSL/planet_x_superlight_team_saddle
SAPXSL_P1.jpg

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
As you are new there will always be a break in period, even with a saddle that could be your perfect match.

Its a fine line between knowing if its just a bit "getting used to it" pain that will go away, or the "We are never going to get on" pain from a wrong saddle.

Sadly, only experience can help you. And sudocreme take the sting off it.

D

Deleted member 23692

Currently using an SDG Circuit Ti.. not cheap but my bum and gusset are very happy on it :smile:

SGD do demo saddles so you can try before you buy (for a £5)

mattobrien

Guru
I have and like the Fizik Kurve Snake, although it's not a cheap saddle. I believe that Merlin have it for c. 25% off.

OP
OP
Vandiesel

Vandiesel

Regular
Thanks everybody, thought the Arseometer was a p)ss take! Seems this will need further investigation and trials! Suppose I should try a cheaper end and work my way up.

Top Bottom