Sadly, two cyclist killed in suspected hit&run S,Yorks.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Both men were believed to have been struck by a red Volkswagen Golf in Royston Road, Cudworth, near Barnsley, just after 21:05 GMT on Friday.

The driver failed to stop at the scene and the car was later found abandoned in Bleak Avenue, Shafton, police said.

A 37-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. South Yorkshire Police are looking for a second suspect.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-64360894.amp

Slick

Guru
Unbelievable, who leaves 2 souls lying in the road only thinking of themselves? RIP the cyclists

tom73

Guru
Sadly I know too well people do just leave a fellow human laying in a heap on the road it happen to Mrs 73.
Lets hope they can find the other one and that they can make the higher charge stick. Not that the sentence is all that great it's better than careless as in the this case nothing about it is careless.
RIP and peace to the families.

Milzy

Guru
This is only a few miles and a short ride away from me really. Horrific.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Very bad and there was no excuse for driving off or bad driving. It was really foggy and Icy yesterday so maybe they didnt see them?
Many people will just drive off and leave the person. There was one cyclist near me that got killed and he was in the gutter, people didnt even check on him and were just filming him dying instead!. Thats what happens. A lot of people are just trash.

tom73

Guru
Very bad and there was no excuse for driving off or bad driving. It was really foggy and Icy yesterday so maybe they didnt see them?
Many people will just drive off and leave the person. There was one cyclist near me that got killed and he was in the gutter, people didnt even check on him and were just filming him dying instead!. Thats what happens. A lot of people are just trash.

I'm aware of a case who killed a cyclist and drove off who when arrested , said they though they'd hit a traffic cone.
His mothers comment as he was taken out the house was that's f.... up Christmas then. The PC relay by saying and someone else's is f... up too.

Last edited:

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Its really bad, I'd always stop and help anyone in an accident or who had collapsed, unless others were helping already. Even at 13 me and a friend went to see to a motorcyclist who had crashed against a lampost. We heard the bang. Sadly he was dead,hed broken his neck. We had to stop dual lane traffic, until a vicar came and took over.

Mattk50

MattK50
Its really bad, I'd always stop and help anyone in an accident or who had collapsed, unless others were helping already. Even at 13 me and a friend went to see to a motorcyclist who had crashed against a lampost. We heard the bang. Sadly he was dead,hed broken his neck. We had to stop dual lane traffic, until a vicar came and took over.

You were a good lad! These types of things never leave you and make you stronger in a lot of ways however sad.....

Top Bottom