Safety 1st, Safety 2nd and lets go for safety 3rd...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

folders

Salutations all

I had my Kona Nunu stolen last year and recently purchased a folding danon speed.

I live and work in the Manchester areas and was wondering if their were any secure bike storage anywhere?

Let me know if you know of anywhere

Thanks a bunch

Jon

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Hi Jon

Isn't that the Brompton sized one ? If so can't you stick it under your desk or in a corner at work somewhere ?

Seems a bit of a waste to go through the hassle of owning a small wheeled folder and not using it's benefits.

if it folds, and folds small, take it with you? my Brompton lives in my flat / under my desk, and comes into restaurants/shops with me. Although looking at the pics of your model; the coming into shops/restaurants might be a bit more problematic as the fold is not so neat and I don't think you can wheel it around folded?

For maps showing cycle parking, as well as cycle lockers, try here:
http://www.cyclegm.org/maps_guides/maps_online.aspx#

There are also paper copies around, although they're a year out of date, which are much prettier. I know Bicycle Doctor in Rusholme still has a few, but some areas might be out of print.

OP
OP
F

folders

It is slightly brompton sized but slightly heftier and not so portable. it certainly works out the arms when carrying.

I have been managing to get-by negotiating with restaurants & pubs, work - to keep it in little nooks and cranies.

cheers for that link - its not pretty on the eye though, i'll bob into the bike doctor.

It doesn't seem there is any universal bike only storage over the UK - i think there would be plenty of demand for it.

Thanks a lot.

They are a lot easier to carry if you drop the handlebar and the seatpost, but leave the chassis extended. Then when you get to your desk, table or whatever, fold it completely for the full, subversive, "I've got a bike in the pub" experience.

Top Bottom