Saint Monday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
:biggrin:

Ah, I didn't realise this was a 2 legged affair and we were in the middle of it.

:biggrin: I might've known it was futile to get into a juvenile sniggering contest with you. Anyway there's no second instalment as yet - I clearly need to take another day off...

jonesy

Guru
This brings back memories of a similar ride from about ten years ago, at which we stopped for lunch at the Skirrid. Visiting my parents near Llangorse we'd gone out from Hereford station via the Golden Valley and Hay on Wye, then returned via Crickhowell, Llanfihangel Crucorney and Pontrilas. A kind of circumnavigation of the Black Mountains. And some years before that, I'd ridden with a friend Llanthony via Crickhowell for a beer or two, the late night ride back burning off the calories. There's a spot locally called Five Ways somewhere on that route, about as far from the Five Ways roundabout in Birmingham as could possibly be imagined!

lukesdad

Lovely write up TC which Lezyne pump have you got. Ive got one on my wish list but cant decide on which one ?

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Lovely write up TC which Lezyne pump have you got. Ive got one on my wish list but cant decide on which one ?

I've got two, LD. A Micro Floor Drive that does presta and schraeder for the commuter (it's like a scaled-down track pump, but the foothold and hose all fold away and fix neatly). It's a bit too fussy for the road bike, though, so I've got the one I think is called Road Drive Mini, which is presta only. That's the better one - the reversible head of the other means that the seals aren't as good - mine is quite temperamental. Both screw onto the valve really securely nicely so no ham-fisted presta-bending occurs, and the little one inflates effortlessly so you don't miss the track-pump style anyway. It's got a hose that you just pull out and screw into the other end.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I always assumed the Lezyne stuff was style over substance but I suppose if you have a silver bike and silver shoes nothing is off limits! :tongue:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I always assumed the Lezyne stuff was style over substance but I suppose if you have a silver bike and silver shoes nothing is off limits! :tongue:

I am noticing a correlation between FNRttC people who own Shutt gear and FNRttC people who own more than one Lezyne pump.

The pumps also come in black (and white)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I am noticing a correlation between FNRttC people who own Shutt gear and FNRttC people who own more than one Lezyne pump.

The pumps also come in black (and white)

Hmmmmm, je reste ma valise :biggrin:

lukesdad

Just noticed the minis come in gold, would match the gold bar tape cables skewers etc.... Ill shut up before Rich pulls a muscle :biggrin:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Just noticed the minis come in gold, would match the gold bar tape cables skewers etc.... Ill shut up before Rich pulls a muscle :biggrin:

Do they do a matching gold mount?. My black pump shipped with a plain alloy mount, in error, but Lezyne in the USA were kind enough to send me a black one.

lukesdad

Do they do a matching gold mount?. My black pump shipped with a plain alloy mount, in error, but Lezyne in the USA were kind enough to send me a black one.

Not sure on that one Greg. Might be pushing it a bit far dont you think ? You can only have so much bling on one bike.

Top Bottom