Sake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Blooming lovely - we have fancy little Sake 'jug' and egg cup sized drinking thingies.

Get it nice and hot - great for washing down a Chinese Takeaway!

And yes - I know Sake is Japanese before someone tells me it is not Chinese. :tongue:

OP
OP
U

User169

Couple of bottles acquired on way home: supermarkt's finest (on recommendation of my barman mate) and a random purchase from the offy. I'm havin to sake and see it, so to speak. The local boozer has the Nogne O versions in, but they'll have to wait.

Laterz!!

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
We havent s(l)aked our thirst for dubious puns yet!

Are you being Sakestic ?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I've had more than my fair share of sake, and I certainly have my favourites, but it's rather difficult to recommend many because they either won't be available in Europe or I can't remember the details. I'll do some digging and get back to you later.

And, in response to User482, like a lot of things, appreciating sake requires a certain willingness to educate one's palate. My initial reactions to sake were much like yours. I can't imagine thinking that now. Context is very important too. One of the most memorable taste experiences of my life was the ice-cold local sake I was served in a very shallow glass by a Shinto priest in a shrine in Takayama on a snowy New Year's Day... there was incense in the crystal blue air, and the sound of the bell from a nearby Buddhist temple, and the sake was as clean as a mountain stream.

OP
OP
U

User169

Home-brew time. This kit only costs 13 Euro!

sake home brew.jpg

U

User482

And, in response to User482, like a lot of things, appreciating sake requires a certain willingness to educate one's palate. My initial reactions to sake were much like yours. I can't imagine thinking that now. Context is very important too. One of the most memorable taste experiences of my life was the ice-cold local sake I was served in a very shallow glass by a Shinto priest in a shrine in Takayama on a snowy New Year's Day... there was incense in the crystal blue air, and the sound of the bell from a nearby Buddhist temple, and the sake was as clean as a mountain stream.

I know you never like to pass up an opportunity to patronise us mere mortals, but if you re-read my post you'll note I made no comment about the taste of sake.

Top Bottom