Sale Agreed: Raleigh Pioneer Tourer 53cm. Very little used.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I'm very much hoping that someone will want this. It's a steel-framed Raleigh Pioneer in touring guise dating I think from around the turn of the millennium. The serial number on the underside of the bottom bracket is YF98B10304.

I bought this bike five years ago in "new old" condition, but I've never really been able to make it work for me. I loved the colour and hoped that a 53cm seat tube would be OK, but it's always felt like a small 53. I have ridden it successfully (see photo) but for no more than 100 miles in total.

Upleadon.JPG

I do really need the space. Feel free to make an offer!

The essential details are:

Seat tube 53cm (including 2½cm above the top tube.
Head tube 10cm.
Effective top tube 56cm.
Chainrings 42/32/22
8-speed cassette 11-13-15-17-20-23-26-34

The twist-operated gear shifters might not be to everyone's taste but they work very well and could easily be replaced. The (removable) rear light integrated into the carrier is a nice touch.

At some point I have re-routed the brake cables over the stem to enable the bars to sit flatter, for which longer cables and outers will have been required. I should still have the originals which I removed - I think!

Most other relevant information should be visible in the images that follow, all taken this evening. Please ask if any extra detail is needed.

R01.jpg

R02.jpg

R03.jpg

R04.jpg

R05.jpg

R06.jpg

OP
OP
Aravis

Aravis

Putrid Donut
As I said, I really do need the space! At the moment I'd be happy with 50 quid to a good home.

I may be heading up to Manchester later this week, which may create a handover opportunity.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
If I had the space I would be all over that, lovely looking bike and with some drop bars and bar end shifters would make quite the trendy commuter / gravel bike.

But I am definitely on a one out / one in policy for now. Good luck with he sale.

Top Bottom