Sales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
I also bought a couple of mod batteries for my vaping addiction. Innokin iTaste MVP 3.0 PRO. 4500 mah.
Bargain price at £20 each.... but they dont half weigh my jacket pocket down.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I saw that deal on HUKD's. Seemed a reasonably good deal so i bought one myself.
Been wanting to replace my hybrid for a while.
We are away at the moment so he won't get it til next week. They have them online in Evans for £340 I think, so £240 seemed a good deal. Would have gone to Evans to see if they had one to try for size but didn't want to miss out on the deal - the disc version was only £299 but sold out quickly. Buying a £240 bike on spec is not normally something we'd ever do but the reviews seem good - will be hugely disappointed if it's rubbish. Code SAVE10 was giving another tenner off earlier:

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bike...-7-2019-aluminium-hybrid-bike-acid-red_460727

Rutland had some other good bike deals actually - think there was a women's carbon road bike for £850 earlier in the week.
Edit: it is the Liv Langma Advanced 3 2019 carbon road bike in white.
Some other good reductions, especially on Scott's women's bikes:

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/female/instock/onsale

Smudge - if yours arrives first, any chance of a brief review and your thoughts? Not used Rutland before so hoping the bike is set up when it arrives.

Last edited:

Smudge

Veteran
We are away at the moment so he won't get it til next week. They have them online in Evans for £340 I think, so £240 seemed a good deal. Would have gone to Evans to see if they had one to try for size but didn't want to miss out on the deal - the disc version was only £299 but sold out quickly. Buying a £240 bike on spec is not normally something we'd ever do but the reviews seem good - will be hugely disappointed if it's rubbish.

Rutland had some other good bike deals actually - think there was a women's carbon road bike for £850 earlier in the week.

I ordered an XL as i'm 6'1" and i checked out all the frame parts dimensions against my current bikes to be sure it will fit me ok. I dont mind v brakes, I like the simplicity and lightness of them and the braking power is good enough for me. Plus i dont do big miles to worry about rim wear. The gears are better than my current hybrid and i wont have to put with a crappy suspension fork anymore.
The colour is a bit bright for my tastes, but hey ho, maybe i just wont clean it to tone it down a bit ^_^

Smudge

Veteran
Smudge - if yours arrives first, any chance of a brief review and your thoughts? Not used Rutland before so hoping the bike is set up when it arrives.

Will do, it should be shipped today and delivered tomorrow. Bike should already be assembled and checked that gears & brakes are set correctly. Only pedals to attach, straighten bars and adjust seat height is usually all the customer has to do.

I ordered some new clothes for work and a pair of shoes for half price, already have 2 pairs so know they are comfy and a bargain :smile:
I thought that was a man thing - once you find something that works and suits - just stock up - saves unnecessary experimenting/shopping. And you can buy when cheap.

I’ve bought a couple of the half price Amazon Echo Dots £25 each
great - they can talk to each other

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I ordered an XL as i'm 6'1" and i checked out all the frame parts dimensions against my current bikes to be sure it will fit me ok. I dont mind v brakes, I like the simplicity and lightness of them and the braking power is good enough for me. Plus i dont do big miles to worry about rim wear. The gears are better than my current hybrid and i wont have to put with a crappy suspension fork anymore.
The colour is a bit bright for my tastes, but hey ho, maybe i just wont clean it to tone it down a bit ^_^

Spot on about V brakes, much better than the cheapo cable discs you would have got on a bike at this price.

My local bike shop does quite well with the cheaper Cannondale hybrids.

You might find it weighs a bit, particularly at the back end.

Smudge

Veteran
Spot on about V brakes, much better than the cheapo cable discs you would have got on a bike at this price.

My local bike shop does quite well with the cheaper Cannondale hybrids.

You might find it weighs a bit, particularly at the back end.

I wouldn't expect it to be ultra light at its lower level of spec, but 12.2 kilos (supposedly) isn't too bad for a hybrid, plus this is almost 2 kilos lighter than my current hybrid.
As for rim brakes, all my bikes have them. The sort of leisure cycling i do doesn't need disc brakes.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
12.2 kilos (supposedly) isn't too bad for a hybrid,

Sounds about right, not having a crappy suspension fork will have saved a kilo or two.

It's also a naked bike, so not weighed down with mudguards, a carrier, prop stand, chain guard, and all the other stuff sometimes fitted to hybrids.

About the same weight as a Brompton, which is not too bad.

Smudge

Veteran
Sounds about right, not having a crappy suspension fork will have saved a kilo or two.

It's also a naked bike, so not weighed down with mudguards, a carrier, prop stand, chain guard, and all the other stuff sometimes fitted to hybrids.

About the same weight as a Brompton, which is not too bad.

The suspension fork is the one thing i'll be glad to be rid of. Its unadjustable and the topping and bottoming out, plus the bobbing when out the saddle is annoying as feck.

Top Bottom