Sales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have you all been too busy cycling to get to the shops?
I picked up a Spacialized helmet, some non cycling tools ( detail sanding machine and upholstery stapler) and a couple of my favourite cotton T shirts from FatFace. Also I managed to win an eBay bid for a Paramo cycling jacket at a really good price. I am shopped out.

Sharky

Guru
My OH has bought next years Christmas Cards at half price.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yep! same happens here, at a guess I would say about 5 years worth up there. Only ours do not go into a loft even though we have 7 loft hatches, ours go into a Xmas cupboard, wrapping paper in a large settle in the hall, which of course is very full.
mrs ck always moans about how untidy house is, yep is cus you buy stuff you dont need , food shopping for instance makes a list but doesnt actually check what we have 1st so you end u with a kitchen thats overflowing

screenman

Legendary Member
mrs ck always moans about how untidy house is, yep is cus you buy stuff you dont need , food shopping for instance makes a list but doesnt actually check what we have 1st so you end u with a kitchen thats overflowing

Are we married to the same person, shops go short of stock they could come around here and restock, 30 people turn up from nowhere, yep we can feed them without even noticing a drop in stock, so much milk in the fridge that it moo's when you open the door, it is like keeping a cow in there. Shower gels 15+ in stock most weeks new one's are purchased I could go on for a very long time.

vickster

Legendary Member
I got a pair of half priced cords and Dairy Milk robins for 50p :blush:

I am holding a bike in a website basket, it's the last one they have at £700 off....I really don't need it nor do I have space, I'd have to sell a couple of bikes which would be more hassle! And I'd want to go sit on one for size and spec (not least it has Shimano hydraulic disc brakes :ohmy:)

My OH has bought next years Christmas Cards at half price.
yep i always have done - christmas stuff impervious to fashion so on safe ground.
Christmas puddings should always of course be bought in January.
They have a use by date of at least a year.
Saw a bit of a prog the other day visiting a christmas pud maker - said theirs had a 2 year use by date but let slip that they were most likely good for five.
So no need of course to pay full price.
On bike stuff sales, seem pretty poor this year - despite planet x's exhortations that we have never had it so good.
Have bought a few stollen - good cycling food.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I am a bargain shopper all year round. Not much in the sales this year though. Gift sets in Boots and Superdrug are down to half price - which is about what they are worth. They go to 70% off on the 3rd Thursday in January in Boots usually, which is when they become a bargain.

Mince pies down to 29p in Aldi today.

OH has ordered a Cannondale Quick 7 hybrid for £240 at Rutland Cycling but not seen many great cycling deals. Planet X have a sale on but some of the stuff has been cheaper in recent months.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I bought an Altura Vortex 1 seat pack from Planet X for £12.99 delivered and some aftershave I liked some years ago, Lagerfeld Classic for £14.95, it still smells as nice as I remember.

Slick

Guru
I got a pair of half priced cords and Dairy Milk robins for 50p :blush:

I am holding a bike in a website basket, it's the last one they have at £700 off....I really don't need it nor do I have space, I'd have to sell a couple of bikes which would be more hassle! And I'd want to go sit on one for size and spec (not least it has Shimano hydraulic disc brakes :ohmy:)
Go on, you know it makes sense. :okay:

Slick

Guru
I must admit, I am a sucker for a bargain but there has been nothing really to tempt me although there are a few nice bikes around but I already have a belter and it would probably be considered uncouth in certain circles if bought a bike I didn't need specced way above what many would consider my ability. ;)

THe battery on my entry level Samsung android phone failed so I went to an Australian chain called JB Hifi ( they sell almost everything electrical thes days) and bought a Nokia 4.2 android phone.
RRP usually AUD $299
JB Hifi usually AUD $250
Sale price AUD $187.50
Then a pesky "Google Assistant" kept popping up asking what it wanted me to do.
In desperation I entered "üninstall google assistant" and pouf, the screen went blank and it was gone!

Magnificent!

( I don't like Apple products)

Mike

OP
OP
M

MichaelW2

Guru
THe battery on my entry level Samsung android phone failed so I went to an Australian chain called JB Hifi ( they sell almost everything electrical thes days) and bought a Nokia 4.2 android phone.
RRP usually AUD $299
JB Hifi usually AUD $250
Sale price AUD $187.50
Then a pesky "Google Assistant" kept popping up asking what it wanted me to do.
In desperation I entered "üninstall google assistant" and pouf, the screen went blank and it was gone!

Magnificent!

( I don't like Apple products)

Mike
Can you reverse that by saying "reinstall Google assistant"?

Top Bottom