Post Christmas Cycle-shop sales…..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Who’s saved their pennies specially ? What goodies are people holding out for ? What’s the normal timing of the bigger online shops holding their sales ?

**Very much regretting the fact I found a working voucher code for an already on-sale ‘Winter Hack’ bike a few weeks ago and didn’t jump on it 🤦‍♂️

vickster

Legendary Member
Who’s saved their pennies specially ? What goodies are people holding out for ? What’s the normal timing of the bigger online shops holding their sales ?

**Very much regretting the fact I found a working voucher code for an already on-sale ‘Winter Hack’ bike a few weeks ago and didn’t jump on it 🤦‍♂️

Planet X have 20% off everything today including bikes
20BOXING22

vickster

Legendary Member
Except they’ve put the bike prices up by 20%. So for example the Kaffenabck is still £799, the same it has been for the last 24 days.

Ribble cycles seem to be having a genuine Christmas sale though.

No idea, I just got an email. Think the OP has a £500 budget so neither retailer will be much good

Cycleops

Legendary Member
For real ? That’s just plain rude. Immoral. And i’d think an illegal practice: for false / misleading information at the very least….
To comply with the law goods have to be advertised at the higher price for so many consecutive days ( forget how many) prior to the Sale. Many Supermarkets and other retailers simply increase the price prior to the supposed reductions, it's been going on for years.
Job lots are often bought in at a discount that manufacturers want to offload so genuine bargains can be had.

Last edited:

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Except they’ve put the bike prices up by 20%. So for example the Kaffenabck is still £799, the same it has been for the last 24 days.

That was £599 recently, I know because I told my friend about it being good value.

My LBS has got this 80's icon replica half price. The bad news is normal price is £2.5k!

raleigh-ti-team-replica_359554.jpg

Good morning,

I had the frame only, I believe that Graham Weigh may still have a frame or two left, new and boxed at around £800.

I read the reviews and thought that I knew what to expect, but the reality was still a let down.

It is such a rushed heavy frame, at a tad under 2.1kg (frame only) it is not even a "proper new 753 frame", generic Cro-Mo for £249 matches it weight wise and those ends get worse every time you see them.

The complete bike really seems to be a total parts bin special, so I can't imagine feeling any better about that. :sad:

Maybe if you are desperate for a steel frame and forks rather than steel frame and CF forks, but 725 is going to be as light and there is a lot choice for factory made frames at a lot lower price.

Bye

Ian

1672131022272.png

1672130987124.png

Last edited:

For real ? That’s just plain rude. Immoral. And i’d think an illegal practice: for false / misleading information at the very least….
Just to prove the pointless of the whole Planet X. On Boxing Day it was £999 with 20% off and now on the Jan sale is £799. In other words always £799.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/YBPXKBRIV1/planet-x-kaffenback-sram-rival-1-bike

Top Bottom