Salford Nocture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Yep, I'm going, looks good :smile:

I'll be going, just need to swap my lights onto nice bike.
Hope the rain hols off or that course will get proper slippy (its a block brick surface round the Lowry iirc)

OP
OP
trio25

trio25

Über Member
I'm busy getting my lights on my winter bike, my nice bike doesn't want to go out in this weather!

I'll probably have my cyclechat shorts on, but will be wearing a jacket (probably pink) so say hi if you spot me!

OP
OP
trio25

trio25

Über Member
Yes I definetly want to have a go on the rollers, not sure I can quite beat Chris though ;)

Say hi if you see me anyone, I'm usually quite spotable and noisy as I'm always talking, as I said I'll have my cyclechat shorts on so that should make me unique.

Trio - I take it that was you on the rollers with another girl? Good effort!

I enjoyed the evening it seemed well attended and organised. The Folders race was pretty funny, although 2 guys clipped each other and came off where I was watching. Looked bad, but they both walked away OK.

I wasn't impressed with seeing a Rapha top like mine for £25, I think my gf paid considerably more last Xmas. Serves me right for falling for their over priced marketing machine!

longers

Legendary Member
A great night ;)

Can't have been far away from you Cheadle as I was talking to Trio just round the corner from where the folders had their off.

Got my bike Data tagged for nowt too :tongue:

The Elite Criterium was VERY impressive!

Lovely evening for riding there and back, even if I did get lost in Manchester on the way there and Oldham on the way back ;)

Hope they do it again.

OP
OP
trio25

trio25

Über Member
Yes that was me Cheadle, the girl I rode against was the fastest female time of the evening in the end so I didn't feel too bad that she beat me!

It was a great event, scary how fast they ride. I really enjoyed the ride home, nice empty streets.

The folding bike race was great and a guy I know came 2nd! Not bad for a mountain biker :?:

A good night. Plenty of people there but not too crammed-in, a good atmosphere. And on a warm dry night too !

Worth it to see Chris Hoy on the rollers wearing his jeans.
The cadence he can do...

We were right next to the folders crash too, the guy hit the barriers in front of us. I think the one behind went for a gap that was there and the guy in front tried to squeeze him off against the barrier.

Hugh Porter was quite entertaining - a real enthusiast and pretty funny - even if distinctly non-PC !

OP
OP
trio25

trio25

Über Member
Yes Hugh Porter asked me for my phone number before my go on the rollers, didn't want to give it to everyone listening though!

Top Bottom