Salmon cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It's obvious from the expression on the other rider's face (you have to pause the video to see) that they have no clue they're doing anything wrong.
Badly fitting helmet, flappy hi-vis top, not a care in the world. A danger to themselves and others.

S.Giles

Badly fitting helmet, flappy hi-vis top, not a care in the world. A danger to themselves and others.
The look of joie de vivre on their face is priceless!

It reminded me of the opening titles to the TV programme World's Craziest Fools, hosted by Mr T!

Last edited:

.stu

Über Member
They do this in Brazil a lot, except there they will happily ride into oncoming traffic, and even between lanes of oncoming traffic! However in Brazil the rule of the road is that everyone is only responsible for what they can see in front of them. If someone slams into the back or side of you then that's their fault, even if it's because you cut them up.

winjim

Smash the cistern
The look of joie de vivre on their face is priceless!

It reminded me of the opening titles to the TV programme World's Craziest Fools, hosted by Mr T!
Contrast it with the look of grim concentration on my face whenever I'm riding in traffic :angry:.

It must be quite a liberating experience, to live in a world of consequence free ignorance. I wish I could manage it. :laugh:

adscrim

Veteran
Did someone mention helmets?

I often pass a runner on my commute that uses the cycle lane on a 40mph road against the flow of traffic in both directions. There is a footpath on one side of the road. The first time I say him, I assumed he'd stepped off the path to avoid a walker, so did nothing to get out of his way. As I got closer I realised he wasn't going to me and had to pull out infront of a bus to avoid him. I pull into the middle of the road nice and early now when I see him. He does it in the dark too.

Top Bottom