Salsa Vaya 57cm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

john wood

As per title
Spec is:-
Salsa Classico CroMo double butted frame.
size is Salsa 57cm frame details here:- http://salsacycles.com/culture/vaya_frame_geometry
Relaxed geometry for all day everyday riding laden or not.
Would suit someone 5ft 10in to 6ft 2in approx
Headset is blue Cane creak Orbit XL2
Wheels:- handbuilt Deore hubs Sapim DB spokes with Sapim strong on driveside rear,DRC double eyeleted ST19 rims,Choice of new 32mm Vittoria Voyager Hypers,or 35mm Panaracer Ribmos(one of which is new the other minimal mileage).
Brakes BB7 road,160mm rotors,operated by Tektro RL340 levers and Tektro cross top levers
Drivetrain,Deore 9sp rear mech,Sora front,custom 14-32 cassette,Sram 971 chain.
All operated by d/tube levers fitted to Kelly take Off brackets,or I can swap them for 9sp 105 STI's.
Chainset is S/light Impact with 26/34/46t rings,outer ring can be swapped for a 48 or 50t.
BB is Shimano UN54.
Seatpost is Easton EA50 layback.
Charge scoop saddle,black top blue base to match the bike.
H/bars FSA Vero 42cm wrapped with Bontrager BarGel tape,stem FSA 11cm but I have longer 12 cm or shorter 10cm to suit
SKS Longboard M/guards fitted.
2 blue accented Elite Canibal resin bottle cages to match.
The Vaya for those in the know needs no introduction,but if you don't it's an al lroad gravel or tarmac touring and all day bike of the highest quality,the one for sale has seen less than 2k miles.
I built it up from a new frameset with loving care,it is A1 in all respects,no scratches,dings or marks,it is almost as new,in fact better than a new one as the spec is waayyy above a stock Vaya from Salsa.
A sad parting of a beautiful machine which rides equally as beautiful as it looks and has all the brazeons for front and rear racks.
Failing health forces sale.
Asking £850 ONO
CUfdUrfeNCOZLTjhPQMaJ_wA9N8bPVDxMPnHxLiXPI0uUClHiRQERq2toshGKcArFW6P3N9BOlU6nA=w293-h220.jpg
Go to this page for more photos:- https://get.google.com/albumarchive/104 ... 5HNPk5ZnOs

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Location?

Looks a lovely winter bike for @Stonechat :smile:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Expect it's located between Liverpool and Manchester, having stalked Mr W in another place :laugh:

It'll be a great buy for someone, based on the feedback of everyone who has bought from him, BTW.

OP
OP
J

john wood

You'll have to explain what you mean by that.
I note you're based in Warrington,I'm only in Lowton,you're welcome to come and view and decide if it's what you're looking for.
I have a few different stem lengths and the steerer is uncut.

Wetdog

Oh that's beltin, when do you reckon?
I have a CAAD10 at the mo and just can't get used to it. Anytime will do me as I don't work.

OP
OP
J

john wood

Sorry folks the bike was sold this morning.

Top Bottom