Santa Cruz Nomad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ruslan19

01.08.2023 my bike was stolen. Location: Birmingham, Erdington... Was walking with my girl and was pushing uphill my bike when the guy crossed the road, started talk to me, and after few questions he stopped my bike (put his hand on handlebar) took from his pocket knife and started threat me... didn't risk anf gave him my bike... reported to police, they took cctv records from the nearest shop, i can't believe that it happened with me(... If somebody can advice what to do i will be so grateful....
Bike - Santa Cruz Nomad 2022 Adder green

Attachments

• IMG-6732.jpg
    IMG-6732.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-6727.jpg
    IMG-6727.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 19

Alberto Balsam

OMG thats awful. Makes my theft pale into insignificance.. Hope they catch the 5crote.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Terrible. Hope you get it back

Never hang about with a good MTB ever. We had a spate of robberies locally (Farmer John's in Marple - South Manchester) as riders left the site on their bikes, groups in vans would stop them and rob them as they cycled home - it's in a nice area and residential, but an easy target.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
That's awful, I still wouldn't have given them it and reminded them that they would serve a very long prison sentence when they got caught. I hope that you are o.k and not too shaken up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Ruslan19

Terrible. Hope you get it back

Never hang about with a good MTB ever. We had a spate of robberies locally (Farmer John's in Marple - South Manchester) as riders left the site on their bikes, groups in vans would stop them and rob them as they cycled home - it's in a nice area and residential, but an easy target.

i can't believe , i was riding at nights, in so bad criminal areas and nothing happened... but it happened at day time , where were people around, it was my fav bike, can't believe, i didn't have insurance, no gps tracker because all my life i couldnt expect that one day somebody will steal it straight from my hands, also my girlfriend was with me and now she is scarry to go outside alone, even with me(( if someone can recommend me where that guy can sell my bike, please advise me, im checking every day marketplace, ebay, oth sites but nothing...cant believe

OP
OP
R

Ruslan19

That's awful, I still wouldn't have given them it and reminded them that they would serve a very long prison sentence when they got caught. I hope that you are o.k and not too shaken up.

it was big stress for me, i do boxing long time, and i didnt do nothing, i knew that one wrong movement and i could die or be cut or my girl((

OP
OP
R

Ruslan19

OMG thats awful. Makes my theft pale into insignificance.. Hope they catch the 5crote.

its life, i should be ready for everything, everyone carrying knife on the streets... , at day time even dangerous now, i have never left my bike outside, i have nice lock but i know how its easy break it, kept at home in my room, ant it is stolen ...cant believe(

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I'm sorry that's happened to you. The man was a pure scumbag, I'd have started yelling and rammed him with it. I think all you can do really is keep an eye out for it and save up for another and when you get one get it insured for theft in and outside the home.
Put it on local Facebook pages as well and say reward for information leading to its recovery etc. Often neighbours will grass the person up.

OP
OP
R

Ruslan19

found guy who is selling same bike close to my area, it can be not my bike but i think its mine, he changed pedals, wheelsets , painted frame brand in black and painted fork label... i arranged meeting with this guy( my friend texted him), called police they said wait a call, please advice what to do in this situation, also he sent me picture of serial number but i think its fake, please see attached pictures

Attachments

• IMG_3949.jpeg
    IMG_3949.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-6732.jpg
    IMG-6732.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 20

classic33

Leg End Member
found guy who is selling same bike close to my area, it can be not my bike but i think its mine, he changed pedals, wheelsets , painted frame brand in black and painted fork label... i arranged meeting with this guy( my friend texted him), called police they said wait a call, please advice what to do in this situation, also he sent me picture of serial number but i think its fake, please see attached pictures
Is the bike available in the colours of the one you think is yours?

That's a fair few changes, some minor to make, just to sell a bike.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Why do you think it's yours?

If it is yours then you know you are dealing with someone potentially violent who will be on their territory.

I can't see anything good coming out of a vigilante visit.

I'd say keep on to the police if you have a convincing reason to think this is yours.

classic33

Leg End Member
Given that you've made known..
The make of bike
The frame number
The location and time
The incident number
all public, why would anyone chance selling one local to where it was taken?

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom