Sante Equipped Jan Janssen 58cm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tel

Veteran
P1070380.jpg

For sale I have this quality Jan Jansen equipped with a rare, complete Shimano Sante groupset.

The frame itself is Columbus Cromor with some nice touches like internal brake cable routing and race number hanger. Very close clearances resulting in a great responsive ride. There's plenty of chrome but unfortunately a little pitting on the forks but it certainly does not detract from the overall look of the bike. Paint is generally very good but it does have some marks and scratches here and there nothing too bad though and still looks great.

The Sante group really interests me as I lusted after it back in the day. Sante sat between 600 Ultegra and Shimano Dura Ace. This complete example is in very reasonable condition with only a few scratches and chips to those painted parts, the worst of which is the rear mech and left crank arm. Brakes are probably the lightest action I have ever felt and the gears are lovely and smooth. Of course no late 80's bike would be complete without biopace chainrings.

Anyway enough pitch below are more pics and full spec.

Looking for offers around £300. Also advertised on Retrobike, CTC and Ebay (BIN £350 + £20 postage)
Dibs followed by pm. Paypal gift or Bank Transfer. (Collection available from Kent ME12)

Full spec:

Size: 58.5cm x 56cm

Frame: Columbus Cromor Jan Jansen Salenchez Luxe (sp?)
Fork: Chrome Columbus Cromor
Headset: Shimano Sante

Stem: Cinelli 1E - Laser etched Cinelli Logo and pantographed Jan Jansen
Handlebar: Cinelli
Tape: New white PVC
Calipers: Shimano Sante
Brake Levers: Shimano Sante

Seatpost: SR Laprade polished
Saddle: NOS Italian leather

Gear Levers: Shimano Sante
Front derailleur: Shimano Sante
Rear derailleur: Shimano Sante