Saris bones 3 bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Atyl1972

hi guys, I've been thinking of my car rack and after much deliberation i have well, kind of agreed on the saris bones 3 bike car rack boot mounted, does anyone have any experience with this car rack so they can offer advice, i know its expensive but at the moment in go outdoors ats on sale at £119.99, bargain eh?

any advice is much appreciated :hello:

U

User482

I've got one. It holds 2 bikes very securely, but 3 bikes induce wobble. It takes a fair while to set up, but is easy to use after that. Make sure it clears the spoiler on your car, if you have one.

bobones

Veteran
hi guys, I've been thinking of my car rack and after much deliberation i have well, kind of agreed on the saris bones 3 bike car rack boot mounted, does anyone have any experience with this car rack so they can offer advice, i know its expensive but at the moment in go outdoors ats on sale at £119.99, bargain eh?

any advice is much appreciated :hello:
I've got one and only ever use it with 2 bikes, but it's very secure and fairly easy to set up and dismantle once you've done it a couple of times. Very configurable for different car shapes but the rubber feet do tend to mar the paintwork if they rest on the boot. Make sure you buy some straps to stop the front wheels from rotating.

bobones

Veteran
One other thing, unless you can mount the rack high up on the back of the car, you might find that you obscure the car's reg plate and lights. If so, you really need a lighting board to avoid hassle from the rozzers and that'll probably set you back another £100 to get the wiring, plate and board done!

Top Bottom