saris fluid 2 and zwift - burnt out the old one today !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
considering getting one if i get enough x mas money , about £100 is my limit if im lucky .
You can buy the same turbo with or without bluetooth sensors, i already have a speed/cadence sensor im using with my old elite volare that i think is past it so i assume i can use them with the saris for the same affect and save myself £30 ?

Garry A

Calibrating.....
I used my Garmin speed and cadence sensors with my fluid 2 and they worked fine. I remember zwift had an option to select the fluid 2 trainer in its zwift power menu. Sold it in 2020 to buy a smart trainer but It did the job ok.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

I used my Garmin speed and cadence sensors with my fluid 2 and they worked fine. I remember zwift had an option to select the fluid 2 trainer in its zwift power menu. Sold it in 2020 to buy a smart trainer but It did the job ok.

i would only use zwift over winter when its to dire to go out and maybe over x mas week to slot some training in around family.I cant justify or afford a smart trainer but i think i need something a bit better than a second hand elite volare i currently have that i think the difficulty knob is knackered

considering getting one if i get enough x mas money , about £100 is my limit if im lucky .
You can buy the same turbo with or without bluetooth sensors, i already have a speed/cadence sensor im using with my old elite volare that i think is past it so i assume i can use them with the saris for the same affect and save myself £30 ?

Maybe look second hand ? There must be 1000s of turbos barely used ?

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Going back to your original question - yes, you can use the sensors you already have. You can use any combination of sensors on Zwift - if there's more than one around (e.g. you're using your power meter pedals that have a cadence sensor but also have another sensor on the crank), Zwift will detect them all and you get to chose which one you want to use for your ride.

Fluid2 appears to be on sale at Sigma Sports. If you look hard enough, be patient and lucky you could probably find something like a Kickr Core for under £200 (used, of course) but this isn't the best time to buy turbos.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Well looks like i am getting a turbo of some sort , just done road to the sky on zwift and the old turbo got hard then started making a burning smell

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

What about an Elite Muin? It’s direct drive but runs off sensors and can be picked up for about £100ish?

just seen this on facefluff market place elite quobo £40 ! what do you reckon ?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:55bacd31-7d28-408e-a168-8179535939ee
or an elite rampa £50
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:a9aa65bc-5d9a-4e55-8dd0-d36bc5a64d44

The quobo looks like the resistance wheel is worn heavily, very black and not red,
The rampa needs additional cost to convert the plug.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

well as my x mas budget didnt cover anything i went for the wiggle lifeline 2 on offer at £50, its not all singing and dnacing but probably enough to keep me going and now to see if i can mend the old one till it comes

Hope it's OK to resurrect this thread. I have an old Elite Volare Mag trainer that is probably at least ten years old. It still works as good as the day I bought it but it is rather noisy.

I noticed I can get a saris fluid 2 trainer for £78 on Amazon and I was just wondering how quiet it was, given that some folk on here have had one. I'm not really bothered about smart trainers, I just want to use a turbo for days that I can't get out for real

Ha ha, just looked on Facebook Marketplace and there's about 10 of the Elite Volare's on there including one that has the tightening handle on the wrong side of the frame!

Attachments

• 353369856_6623296331055433_6806930316237226371_n.jpg
    353369856_6623296331055433_6806930316237226371_n.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom