Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Sandwiches?

• Peices?

• Crowse?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Oh yes.. a good strong cheddar topped with pickled beetroot is lovely. As is a good strong cheddar topped with horseradish.

yello

In truth, packed sandwiches are a rarity in France. You do see them in motorway services and some supermarkets but the French still prefer their 2 hour lunches with wine. Sandwiches could well be viewed with incredible disdain, contempt and horror by your average French worker! And you can appreciate why.

20 minute break stuffing an M&S plastic wrapped, stale cheese & pickle sandwich down your neck OR a leisurely 3 courses plus cheese, coffee and wine over 90 minutes with friends?

yenrod

yello said:
In truth, packed sandwiches are a rarity in France. You do see them in motorway services and some supermarkets but the French still prefer their 2 hour lunches with wine. Sandwiches could well be viewed with incredible disdain, contempt and horror by your average French worker! And you can appreciate why.

20 minute break stuffing an M&S plastic wrapped, stale cheese & pickle sandwich down your neck OR a leisurely 3 courses plus cheese, coffee and wine over 90 minutes with friends?

Yellow - as you'll know people are soo robotic in this stupid bleedin subjected (monachy & all that sh@te) country called ingerland that they put up with 'M&S plastic wrapped stale cheese & pickle sandwiches' instead of a 2hr PROPER meal...

yello

Did I mention that I really hate 'sarnie'? It's sounds so dumb-down posh to me. ;)

yello

...and for me to use 'snap' would be too affected

I might have a chip or bacon 'butty' but otherwise it's a sandwich... especially cheese. I remember once being at a cafe near the Greenwich foot tunnel, Isle of Dogs side, and there was a lad there eating a cheese sandwich, ordinary white sliced bread (probably mighty white)... my lord did it look good. I wanted to steal it off of him. I HAD to go and get one myself otherwise I would have sulked for rest of the day!

Davidc

Guru
yello said:

I've never undestood why I declined the opportunity to emigrate to the S of France when I was 18.

I was mad.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I think the Earl of Sarnie would be pleased to see his invention has stayed the course.

Pre-packed of course are vile - the cost of one is enough to buy a loaf and filling for the week.

Top Bottom