• June

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • July

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • August

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dinner stop after 65 miles, all is well with 6 happy cyclists :hungry: :bicycle:
5 happy cyclists, + 1 a little ****ed with himself for trying to race a bleeding tractor mower up a ********* hill. :sad: Nitwit :blush:. Don't suppose it was much more than a mile - but I WAY overstretched myself - now way would I have made the 40 remaining miles.

Anyway - home now. Thanks to all of you guys - great day. And well done for all who made it!

I shall slink off into a corner, dream of next time - and perhaps sup a beer or two in compensation.

Slioch

Guru
Just like to say I really enjoyed the ride today. Great company, and a great route.

Particular thanks to @middleagecyclist for organising the ride and being the main pace setter, and to @User10119 for waving us off and for providing cake at the start. How cool is that! :hungry:
Total mileage was 120 miles front door to front door, which is by far and away a personal best.

Tired but very happy.

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
What a great day it turned out to be. I take no credit for the weather and very little for the route but, as for pacing and lunch, that seemed to work well. A few longest rides for peeps and a couple of first time centuries too. It's a shame we lost @growingvegetables at the bridge. I was going to wish you well as you made your way to the train station as I expected you to cycle up to the road. Hope you mend soon.

I am happy to be back doing 100+ miles as it was my first one since this off last June. I had a few 'positional saddle issues' as we climbed from the bridge which made 'rearrangement' a tad essential and, at about 75 miles, got hot posts on both feet, which was really knocking my rhythm. They disappeared by 90 miles and I felt quite strong at the end.

In York I got a warm welcome, refreshing cuppa, luverly bath, superb home cooked meal, another cuppa, glass of wine, pleasant cycling conversation, very nice bed/sleep, bacon buttie/cuppa for brekkie and try of a Circe Helios tandem. Thanks @User10119 - you are a legend.

Hope you all get some more good cycling this Summer.

Bye for now.

Top Bottom