Saturday Day Ride to the Coast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Once herd immunity has been achieved, then a bit longer to be on the safe side, why not try the Saturday Day Ride to the Coast, aka the SDRttC?

This will be run under the auspices of the Velosolo Club, responsible for such events as Hastings to the Sea, the heartfelt Three to the Sea, the bewitching Wen to Wen, and of course, the classic Hastings Hustle.

When?
Saturday

Where to, again?
Hastings, which is the only coast the Velosolo Club officially recognises.

RBqFOzr.jpg

Why?
It’s something to look forward to.

KFvgblL.jpg

Will there be a crowd cheering for us at the end?
They cheered for the Olympic Torch Relay, I can’t see why they wouldn’t for us.

oGS2Zly.jpg

(Checks calendar) Are you serious?
Absolutely. I’m going to be doing another one of these at some point. Until then I’ll leave you with this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5cl97H-YtE

(it's not a race)

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
You nearly got me going there but then I remembered it is 1st of April. Good try ! :okay:

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
You nearly got me going there but then I remembered it is 1st of April. Good try ! :okay:
I’m actually serious, though who knows when the London to Hastings posse will be able to ride again, considering not just the current situation, but how long it will take to get comfortable with group events afterwards (my definition of a group: more than just me) given the virus’s uncertain exit strategy.

It would be nice to start doing this more than every great once in a while. My preference would be a few times a year, depending how often my wife is willing to bake blueberry muffins for our break before the final push to the sea.

LwdQanc.jpg

PS. Your sig (Je pense donc je suis) intrigued me enough to plug it into Google Translate ("I think so I am"), to which I would offer, Je l'ai écrit donc c'est – “I wrote it so it is.” Though translating that back into English does quite say that. If only I'd paid more attention to the French teacher in school (she was stern, but not in a sexy way) instead of pursuing my advanced degree in loitering.

Last edited:
OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
“Though translating that back into English doesn’t quite say that.”

My kingdom for an edit function with more time on the clock.

q0OHEkS.jpg

We will discuss the matter after class, jeune homme.

Last edited:

Rocky

Hello decadence
It's news to me that aubergines are a source of manganese.
Yes, apparently there are 232mcg per 100g of aubergine.........Google also tells me that onions only have 129mcg/100g.

I'm really tempted to say 'any fule no that'............

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
In the States and a few other places they're "eggplants", though I have yet to be served one sunny side up.

4PAFhS3.jpg

Actually I had a blood test the other day. It turns out I’m rather low in inorganic phosphate, of all things. Guess I’d better stop shopping in the wholefoods aisle.

Top Bottom