Saul Raisin - Latest news

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vbc

Looks like Saul won't be making it back to the professional circuit. Had similar injuries myself just six months ago so I have a rough idea what he's been going through, but it wasn't my career and I hope to restart work in a weeks time.

Things To Be Thankful For..
Contributed by -Saul
Thursday, 22 November 2007
Mes rêves de pour faire le vélo professional sont morts. My dreams to be a professional cyclist are dead. I do not know where to begin. This is the hardest blog I have ever had to write. Yesterday, I was greeted by my Mom and Dad early in the morning in Salt Lake City. I was so surprised to see them but the fake smile on my Mom’s face revealed something was wrong. Roger Legeay had called them the day before to tell them that the French doctors would not release me to race. His voice cracked as he later told me the news and I tried hard to fight back the tears. I did very well on my neuro-psych tests but the doctors said it would be too dangerous if I were to crash and hit my head again. It is hard to take in the fact that all the last 13 years of hard training are now over. I always say that if you do your best in anything be happy and content knowing you did your best. I will always stand by this motto. I did my best and gave my all to get back to the sport of professional cycling and am content with the fact I did my best and I will never ask, what if? Now it is time to move and start new a new life. I am no longer Saul Raisin, cyclist professional for the team Credit Agricole. I am now Saul Raisin, brain injury survivor - soon to be happily married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Aleeza. I have to admit I am scared. I do not now what I want to do or what I will do for a living. Like I have said many times before, my family and I dreamed for me to live a normal life. I now have a normal life and have pledged to give back and help others that have brain and spinal cord injuries or any other major illness. I want to grow my Raisin Hope fund into a foundation. I hope to have shown people to never give up and always fight to the finish. I have been truly blessed with a loving family, friends, and the best support group on earth. I would not be here without all of you and of course all my loyal sponsors. I no longer want www.saulraisin.com to be a haven just for cycling. I want my website to be a refuge for anyone that has an injury or illness to come and feel at home to know that things always do get better. My life has just begun with the most beautiful girl in the world. There are blue skies ahead(I love you Aleeza).

Job hunting is not going to be fun.. any ideas? Up for hire. Tongue out

Love you All,

-Saul

All the best for the future Saul.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Sad news, but absolutely great that he has come through this alive and well.

Keith Oates

Janner
As you say FM, Sad News indeed for Saul, his family and supporters. However the fight and determination he has shown on and off the bike will stand him in good stead for the rest of his life and I hope and feel he will 'achieve', no matter what he finally ends up doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom