Saying hello!!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ratty2k

Hello!!!!!

I posted a couple of threads on the old C+ forum, and am an active member over on the UKMB forum.
Went out on Thursday eve. for what seemed like the first time in ages on the road bike. Did a 25 mile loop round Delamere forest and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Must say I felt a bit exposed after a long stretch at 36mph. IIRC the stats for the ride were- 24.3 miles done in 1hr 27 mins with a just under 17mph avg speed. On or two nasty little climbs, worst being over the back of Frodsham hill. Tried to stand and my quads gave up, but just managed to keep grinding it out whilst sat down.
482498513_b3173b9ab0.jpg

Relax here ratty!
Beware of the pied piper but otherwise you'll find no 'rat traps'.
Roland roll! ;)

Keith Oates

Janner
Hi Ratty, welcome to this forum and I like the look of your bike in the photo. We area mixture of people here but there are some MTB and some roadies so you will feel at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frog

Hi ratty, welcome to the forum! :sad: Great bike and a very respectable time. Doesn't anyone cycle slowly anymore ;)

OP
OP
R

ratty2k

Thanks for the welcome!

I used to ride roads all the time when I was younger- from the age . till about 16. Then it was girls, cars and alcyhol!
Many, Many years later and struggling with fitness (well over 20St) I got a mountian bike for riding back and to from work. Having lost some weight and given up ciggarettes (5 months ago) I am still riding the MTB more- my commute can be all road- some nice and quiet, or 60% off road.
The roady rarely comes out, but after the ride we had- will be seen more often. My mate who I rode with found this site
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/cycleman and it was the 25 mile Frodsham/ Delamere route in the Northwest that we did. Had a slight deviation at the end to take us thro the forest itself.
Such a nice area to ride in- especially the second half once you get through Frodsham. The roads get a lot quieter, and you can relax a bit and enjoy it more. Looking forward to some more road rides down the south end of Cheshire- plenty of lanes with not much traffic.

OP
OP
R

ratty2k

MrGrumpy said:
Hello all as well, a refuge from the C+ site although been posting on BR as well. Love the girl pic ratty2k ;)

Miss Hotwheels? MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm lycra!

Must admit I do post on the BR site, but not like I used to. I never posted much on the old C+ site TBH, but that just reflects the riding I do more than anything. Mind you I spend as much if not more time commuting than pure fun riding.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Afternoon Ratty ;)

OP
OP
R

ratty2k

Afternoon sir!
Stuck at work at the moment, hence posting here and not out on a bike! Mind you. I finish in 2 hours and may just take the long way home.
I have to take more pics, my bike collection got a bit bigger- I built up a SS roady bike NOT fixed, out of old bits I had lying around. Stil playing with the ratio for a commueting bike but not too far off.. I'll find out if I do go the long way home as there are a few more climbs that way!