Scafell Pike film set for BBC screening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am a Coward!

.. and a dreamer

I would so love to give up the security of my job and be able to spend time in the Lake District (and so many other places)

I can only admire someone who does exactly that

The whole project looks fantastic

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Will watch this again.

Went to Rheged to see it - nice photography; beautiful in fact. Some of the music accompanying it was a bit overblown - I'd have preferred it with no soundtrack.

Def' worth watching - didn't know it was on, thanks for pointing it out.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I am a Coward!

.. and a dreamer

I would so love to give up the security of my job and be able to spend time in the Lake District (and so many other places)

I can only admire someone who does exactly that

The whole project looks fantastic

Do it!

We did - took a while to achieve though. Took us around 5 years to make up our minds and do the planning and then another couple of years of scaredy cat dithering and then we shut our eyes, crossed our fingers and made the leap.

:rain: The only downfall (pun intended).

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
What did we think of it? That shepherdess was straight out of Disney Productions, what a bizarre character. The image of her prancing around the fells dressed like Rob Roy just contributes to the feeling that the Lakes is a managed landscape. We didn't see her at the Wasdale Head show - I expect she'd have been laughed out of the valley. The rest of the film was rather "bitty" for my liking and didn't seem to hold together. Joss Naylor's knees look knackered; he should have done cycling.

gavgav

Guru
Caught up on it last night. Superb hours TV and saw plenty of familiar places.

I love walking in Wasdale and have been over Black Sail Pass with @Rickshaw Phil but this has inspired me to do Scafell soon.

Top Bottom