Scalextric....have you got one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've still got one up in the loft, with enough track to take up the whole of the downstairs.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yep got one - son has 3 carrera sets - six cars - fine for young kids.

My Scalextric dates from when I was 3 or 4 and built up over years - for my 30th, I refurbed the track and tyres etc and had it set up in my garage...you can bet the lads and girls enjoyed it....it's been back in the roof packed away for the last 8 years

col

Legendary Member
I still have mine in the attic from my younger days,but one of the cars is missing ,and the lid is too,so its a bit of a state,but i loved it.Great link by the way,good fun cheers.

longers

Legendary Member
I had the set my dad and his brothers played with, some lovely cars (single seat racers, a couple of Bugatti's and a Ferrari among others from the 60's).
I handed it down again to my cousin and really regret not keeping it.

Trillian

me and my brother got one for christmas as a joint present, got the big 80's leMans set (red and white jag, white and blue porsche)

this got expanded and doubled in size over the next deccade or so until it gradually stopped being used

I intend to pinch it :thumbsup:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
We have a really really old one. Well over 16 years old. There is alot of of track and we used to get it going around the big bedroom and keep it up for 6 weeks. We also did a huge straight going from on bedroom, across the landing and into the bathroom where the cars would go up to a super speed. :thumbsup:
We have 2 old F1 cars, 1 touring car that was my first car, lost the spoiler on it when i went round a banked courner at super speed and hit a radiator so it just wheel spins. Also 2 new cars, a new style GT40 which has orange light in and a Lotus 7 kit car.
Also used to have a small train set, N gauge i think. The really thin track. Spent hours with that.

I had the poor man's version; Mimic or something, then Hot Wheels, a gravity and booster-based track.
My favouite car was a green Porche Carrera (three wheeler, my brother broke off one of my wheels cos my car used to win, and even then it still beat his cars!) ;)

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I've got the Super Saloons which is a Ford Mondeo and a BMW 3 series, it's about 10 years old.

I had loads years ago - sold it for beer money and to keep my bike running. Never looked ahead to now, when both my kids want one.

What's the difference between digital and analogue Scalextric?

Rob S

Noodley said:
We were a "TCR" family ;)

So were we....the cars were far better looking...you could change lanes when you wanted....there was the mobile chicane Corvette to negotiate......the only thing it lacked was the need to use skill in going round corners without flying off the track.

got-to-get-fit

My son got the micro scalectrix Aston martin DB9's for christmas .....i was thrilled and excited as the memories came flooding back of my own youth spent playing with my set.
However the memories evaporated after 10 mins of watching two plastic cars speed monotenously round a track punctuated by regular crashes through the pathetic yellow barriers, cord entanglement, car brush contactor straightening, track cleaning and car nudging.

I seem to remember having this feeling of massive dissapointment after watching 'monkey' on UKTV Gold a few week ago. I thought there was nothing to touch it when i was 12, now im 36.....its a rather different story

Top Bottom