Scam Letter, it was all going well until...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I moved to an Ubuntu operating system a few years ago and the number of these I was getting more or less dried up, I remember at one point whilst I was on windows I lost count of the number of times I won the Nigerian lottery, which would have been nice if I had ever entered the Nigerian lottery. :biggrin:

I'm broke, I've not won the Nigerian lottery for a while and great uncle twice hundred removed hasn't died for a while; in fact more often these days my multiple bank accounts are being closed down. Today was novel for me at least my non existent Northern Rock account was suspended.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Well, you can all scoff as much as you want, but I am currently in the middle of helping a Nigerian General and his family. I stand to gain at least $15 million from it!! :biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I moved to an Ubuntu operating system a few years ago and the number of these I was getting more or less dried up, I remember at one point whilst I was on windows I lost count of the number of times I won the Nigerian lottery, which would have been nice if I had ever entered the Nigerian lottery. :biggrin:

Isn't that actually in Nigeria?

I haven't had one of these emails for ages now, and I'm feeling left out.
So instead of Nigeria, I'm going to email Nigella and ask if I can help her with her laundry.
smile.gif

oliglynn

Über Member
Haha - just read a case off one of those sites where the guy not only got the scammer to phone him saying "Hello big boy, I bat for the other side" but also to send him a birthday card with a fiver inside it!! Brilliant!
biggrin.gif

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Haha - just read a case off one of those sites where the guy not only got the scammer to phone him saying "Hello big boy, I bat for the other side" but also to send him a birthday card with a fiver inside it!! Brilliant!
biggrin.gif
I'm not sure that I'd want to be winding up some potentially pretty serious criminals who knew my address in case they 'sent the boys round'! :whistle:

I'm not sure that I'd want to be winding up some potentially pretty serious criminals who knew my address in case they 'sent the boys round'! :whistle:

Yep, 419eater does have a section warning you about that aspect and making sure you absolutely know what you are doing.

Top Bottom