Scam site ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Malc68

Just wondering if anyone has come across a site called ".joyridecyclegb.com" ?
They are advertising cycles and various accessories at incredibly low prices, and claim to be something to do with Cycle King.
As an example - Cycle King's price for a Gent's Hybrid (Ammaco Madrid), in their stores is £249). This site advertises the same at £99.
I have e-mailed Cycle King to see if they are aware and await their reply - but just wondering if anybody has seen this site.
There appears to be no reviews or scam warnings of this company.
Thanks
Malcolm

AndyRM

XOXO
It looks sketchy as anything; badly written, weirdly categorised products.

I'd probably avoid it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Looks dodgy from the website name. Have you checked how they take payment, their registration on Companies House, contact details etc.

OP
OP
M

Malc68

Thanks for the advice. Not surprisingly you don't appear to able to contact them online! I hadn't thought of companies house. I will try that next.

Definitely strong signs of a scam site. Red flag straight away when the site URL is in a different name to what they are calling the company. There are a few exceptions (diy . com for B&Q) but there is usually something that relates.

‘About us’ is not what you expect from a page with that title and what the heck is going on with ‘Contact us’ page?

Chris S

Legendary Member
Most of the information on the site registration has been redacted for privacy.
https://who.is/whois/joyridecyclegb.com

It was only created in January. It's registered in the US (Colorado) which seems a bit strange for a site trading in the UK.

It's also got a Canadian contact address. I can't see how they could do express delivery for £19.99 from there.
https://www.joyridecyclegb.com/contact-us/

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Assuming Cycle King have trademarked/copyrighted their logo appropriately (which is all these Joy Ride people seem to have nicked), it shouldn't be too hard to get them to remove it.

There are a couple of "Joy Ride" branded companies in North America; this imposter site is probably hoping to benefit from their URL showing up ahead first, but I don't think they'll get far.

OP
OP
M

Malc68

Thanks for all of your useful comments and advice on this. Probably as far as it can go now.
Nice of you all to take the trouble to answer my query.
KInd regards all.

Top Bottom