Scarborough Earthquake Appeal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oxo

Guru
When Mrs Dave and I went on honeymoon.........in 1968 :eek:..........It was in Scarborough. It really was very nice.
A couple of years ago we decided to back as a nostalgia trip.
B****y hell..........we couldn't believe it. Parts of it really were "the pits".
I think you've got that wrong. They closed all the pits in Yorkshire years ago.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I realised you ment the other pits, they never had any of the those closed pits in Scarborough. I was being frivolous, sorry
I did know that...............my reply was a very poor attempt at humour. Its me that needs to apologise :smile:

Reactions: Oxo

postman

Legendary Member
I liked it,it moved me.I wonder if it moved Jimmy Savile.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Me and Mrs Accy went to Scarborough for a holiday,just after we met in 1990. I remember it being so hard for parking,that we just left the car,once we'd found a spot and didn't move it till we left a week later. I also remember Accrington playing Scarborough) (at football) about 10 years ago. Like all the other teams from Yorkshire they had quite a few d..k head fans intent on causing trouble.:thumbsdown:

mustang1

Legendary Member
Check it out. I don't watch the news anymore. I have no idea what's going on out there. So when I came across this post, I took it seriously. Then I realised it was just a joke.

And then the next post... The poster obvsly didn't like the OP so I googled it and wow, there really was an eq!

Now I am informed.

Top Bottom