Scars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
As said upthread, keep it covered. IME the skin will be sensitive for a good while yet and last summer is no time at all. Your arms are very exposed on a bike.

tom73

Guru
On a side note depending on how lumpy your scar is and if it bothers you.
You can try rubbing really well in hand cream 3 to 4 times a day or more if you can remember.
Helps break down the scar tissue. Worked a treat on mine.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have scars from broken bones,hernia ops and cancer and radiotherapy treatment. I've never covered them from natural sunlight. To me sunlight,especially strong summer sun is a natural healer.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've got an eight year old 23" surgical scar on the inside of my left leg that runs from my ankle to my groin. I don't think it's ever had any sunscreen despite being having visited a fair few hot destinations. Probably a bit naughty but it's been no problem at all. It itched like hell when it was brand new though.

clid61

Veteran
I have scars too , 2 on joints , also 1 on forearm arm and 1 on collarbone (plated ) find the one that gives me most jip is collarbone. The rest I just usejohnsons baby oil on but don't expose to sun . Few years now , but the plate is the hardest to keep supple and free

Top Bottom